7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

Old August 28th, 2010, 07:58 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default 7-10 Days National Parks Tour Search

"Brian" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:31:49 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

Such that the original poster is seeking the same info gratis here rather
than pay someone? Now why can't the op do the work himself that he
expects
someone else to do for him gratis? Lazy? Can pay for the tour but does
not want to pay for info about the tour? Has enough time to take the tour
but not enough time to conduct the search himself? Does not know how to
use
google, bing, yahoo, ask, or any of the other search sites?

Or perhaps the person is asking if anyone might have knowledge that
might help make a decision.

Not everyone is all-knowing as you must be.

[chuckle] Read the original post. I'll quote it here in its entirety for
you:

****
We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

Please Help!
Jimmy
****

Nothing there about "asking if anyone might have knowledge that might help
make a decision." Jimmy is just looking for information commonly supplied
by travel agents.

No, I am not "all-knowing." But I know enough to know that Jimmy is asking
for information commonly supplied by travel agents. Of course, if you
yourself want to play travel agent for Jimmy gratis...by all means be my
guest.

Old August 28th, 2010, 01:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
MAS

On 8/28/2010 2:58 AM, Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:
No, I am not "all-knowing." But I know enough to know that Jimmy is asking
for information commonly supplied by travel agents. Of course, if you
yourself want to play travel agent for Jimmy gratis...by all means be my
guest.

Several travel agents, and many seasoned cruisers, post on
rec.travel.cruises and answer questions such as the OP's.

Old August 29th, 2010, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

On Fri, 27 Aug 2010 23:58:00 -0700, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

[...]

I had read the original post. Some people are more helpful and less
defensive than you seem to be.
Not every travel agent will know all the necessary information either.
When we have worked with a travel agent, we have found it quite
helpful to do independent research.
Old August 29th, 2010, 05:07 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

wrote:

[...]

You really are an ass. Why don't I recognize your name after over twenty
years on this group? The OP asked a very generic question, and why you take
that as an affront is a mystery. You must be one of these 'travel agents'
you tout so much, looking for a commission. Why don't you get lost? You're
still trying to sound all-knowing, and all you manage to do is to sound
all-jerk. You really don't belong here with that attitude.

Old August 29th, 2010, 08:35 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

"K" wrote in message

wrote:

[...]

tsk, tsk, tsk...temper, temper, temper. And now throwing about ad hominems
to and fro to boot.

Coming back to the issue at hand:
How about walking the walk and not just talking the talk? How about you
doing the research for the OP and providing him with the information he
seeks gratis for which he would have to pay a travel agent? Why be such an
absolute hypocrite?

Old August 29th, 2010, 08:36 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Lawrence Akutagawa

wrote:

[...]

Clarification, please....
By "do independent research" do you mean you yourself did the research or
did you - as did the OP here - call on others to do that "independent
research" for you gratis?

Old August 29th, 2010, 04:37 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

On 26/08/10 6:19 AM, JImmy wrote:
We are looking for a tour that covers the following parks ending in Las
Vegas.
We want to visit Arches National Park, Grand Canyon, Monument Park,
Bryce Canyon and ending with a 2 day stay in Las Vegas.

Any ideas if this type of tour exist?

It does not exist. Forget about visiting these places.
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
James Silverton[_3_]

Brian wrote on Sat, 28 Aug 2010 23:00:38 -0400:

I had read the original post. Some people are more helpful and less
defensive than you seem to be.
Not every travel agent will know all the necessary information either.
When we have worked with a travel agent, we have found it quite
helpful to do independent research.

I don't know why people complain about a person asking a perfectly civil
question. That's one of the reasons this ng exists. Even so, the
distances involved are such that you might best hire a car. Tho' we did
visit all those places as part of a car trip, we went to other parks too
and we did not use a travel agent. I must admit the lonely, empty road
to Moab was a bit intimidating.

--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

Old August 29th, 2010, 09:39 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Doug McDonald[_4_]

On 8/29/2010 2:35 AM, Lawrence Akutagawa wrote:

Coming back to the issue at hand:
How about walking the walk and not just talking the talk? How about you
doing the research for the OP and providing him with the information he
seeks gratis for which he would have to pay a travel agent? Why be such an
absolute hypocrite?

He may be asking for info that you don't get with a travel agent.

I've actually tried travel agents for vacations, and except for one
4-day add-on to a scientific conference in Hawaii, I've never,
ever, had one cope up with a suggestion that was any good.
Really. They've never even heard of most of the companies I've
taken group tours with in the past. They've never even heard
of most of the places I've been. And the places they
have heard of, such as the last try, Panama, they never came up with
anything suitable.

Doug McDonald
Old August 29th, 2010, 10:52 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
JImmy

Thanks for the given information that "I know " guys. I am looking for
someone that has taken a trip of this type with some insight.

--
JImmy
Message origin: TRAVEL.com