"Ms. Connie Wong + Miyako Memories" [WAS: Eating sushi & sashimi with fingers

Old August 4th, 2008, 09:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,houston.eats,rec.travel.air
Gregory Morrow[_50_]

Default "Ms. Connie Wong + Miyako Memories" [WAS: Eating sushi & sashimi with fingers

[x - posted to houston.eats and rec.travel.air from rec.food.cooking...]

blake murphy wrote:

On Sun, 3 Aug 2008 12:37:34 -0500, Gregory Morrow wrote:

[x-posted to houston.eats]

blake murphy wrote:

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 22:54:09 -0700, sf wrote:

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 16:06:12 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

sf wrote:
On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 14:46:12 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

Then you pick up the whole thing with the chop sticks and eat it.

You must have a really big mouth! I've yet to come across a one

bite
roll.

I take several bites, but the Japanese eat it in one bite.

I've tried the one bite method, but it gags me. I don't understand
how they can chew so much food all at once!

me either. or a piece of sushi.

Reminds me of a famous "incident" from years ago on houston.eats.

"Sheryl"
was a high - strung bitch poster on rec.travel.air and houston eats (of
course she was a nemesis of mine...). She posted this, which became

fodder
for much trollerizing by myself and other of her detractors; in checking

the
archives I find that I even x - posted it here, some of you kids might
remember it. In any case I felt so sorry for poor Ms. Connie Wong! Hope
Miyako is doing a THRIVING business, lol :

Here's the thread; after this message I've included her original letter

Miyako Sushi in Houston TX. You can google "Sheryl", "Connie Wong", or
"Miyako" on rec.travel.air or houston.eats and get all sortsa nonsense
(includng my own, natch):

she got that jacked out of shape over a dollar? sounds like a prize

bitch.

I first tangled with her on rec.travel.air c. 1999, when she was a regular
dispensing "advice". She accused me IIRC of "stealing airline revenue" [!]
when I asked a question about the possibility of standing by for a same -
day later flight - IF space was available - on a DCA - ORD American
Airlines flight...this was a cheapo hundred buck round - trip ticket.

Of course, being how I am things degenerated a bit, l called her bluff in
this thread "Does Sheryl Work". Shook things up a bit, lol:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.t...7386182?hl=en&

Greg Morrow writes:

"Just a general question -- for all the time that our dear sheryl spends
micro-managing everybody's else's business on this group, and making
snide comments here and there -- does she have a job?

I always notice she is an eager-beaver ready to jump into the fray with
her so-called "informed" "facts", "advice", etcetra ad nauseaum (that's
Latin for "We're sick of sheryl"...).

sheryl puts so much _anger_ and _venom_ into her sour
replies/comments/"sermonettes"--she obviously takes a lot of time to
compose her postings here, as her grammar is generally faultless (I'll
pass on the logic...).

Comments, Comrades?"
-----------

Sheryl replies:

"I function absolutely fine so you can stop wondering.

Now I'm on the major attack against YOU, you disgusting varment. As
Bill said, I do not back down when I am attacked. If you don't like
what I post, you are under no obligation to read anything with my name
on it.

And a few weeks back, I responded with accurate information to your post
about circumventing fare rules, but because "Sheryl" was in the header,
you chose to attack me. Yeah, I could do like you webtv'ers and change
my e-mail address whenever it fancied me, but I enjoy my credibility."
-------

DNP writes:

Last month I made a post concerning a low fare I got on United to Los
Angeles.

Sheryl first called me a troll and then a liar and said that I was
making the whole thing up.

Her exact words we

"Uhhh...I have never seen CLT-LAX on UA for $127 r/t. I've seen it at
$249 but never below $200. What itinerary did you use? "

I then posted the itinerary and she claimed it was fabricated.

I then posted a copy of the fare codes with the breakdowns and the
information regarding the fare and offered to fax the ticket recipt to
her.

Her exact words again we

"And was a Saturday stay required at the fare? Bet so. The
original poster is definitely a troll."

A little flame war ensued and basically I found her to be a little
self centered and definitely an arrogant know it all.

She seems to enjoy attacking people and has a bad case of foot in
mouthous..."
------------------

M. Cordelli writes:

"Don't quote me on this, but I sincerely believe that by everybody ganging
up
on her the way it is happening is one of the best things to happen to the
newsgroup in a while. Perhaps now she will realize how everybody she steps
all over feels. At least any new people will be able to see she treats
everybody like that, not just them.

Don't like your question? Call you stupid. Have an e-mail address from say
France? Well, you must be a troll working for Air France (of course you
could also work for a company who sends their e-mails through the home
office in France). Dare to correct her about something? Well then she will
go to newsgroups all over the place slandering you for no reason. Want to
fly someplace? Guaranteed the answer will be to drive for six hours, get on
a Southwest flight and drive another three hours to get to where you have to
be.

And how about the people in the lawyers office she works in in Houston?
(The employee information was in a Yahoo profile or some similar place).
What a bunch of morons they must be, not able to get anyplace or do anything
without her assistance. "One of the guys I arrange flights for stopped by
in the mens room on his way to the plane and got lost. He called me at home
and asked if he should turn right or left to get back to his gate. I used
my superior knowledge of the airport to tall him that if he was at gate 62
and had to be at 63 he could call the customer service reps at Continental
and ask for the e-mail address to send for better signs." No, we can't fly
our high priced people into Boston, we have to fly into Providence and make
them drive up to see you.

She admittley takes only 10 flights per year, and uses a corporate travel
agent for all this "scheduling" she does for the morons. In a recent post
about her parents going on a cruise, she said they let the cruise line
arrange for the air tickets. She is just a moron, plain and simple, who is
using the newsgroup to pretend to be an expert who flies less then once a
month on some quack airline like Southwest..."

/

your pal,
blake

Old August 10th, 2008, 12:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,houston.eats,rec.travel.air
Runge12

Default morrow polluting again

le message de ...

wrote:

[...]

[!]

Old August 10th, 2008, 01:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,houston.eats,rec.travel.air
Gregory Morrow[_50_]

Runge12 is rendered speechless:

[...]

Wow, scRunge, it's August in Paris and all of France is on vacation. What
are you doing sitting there in your hot flat in the banlieu and responding
to one of my mouldy old posts...???

Do you have no pals, no friends to travel with? Are you barred from all the
public facilities in France - or even the entire EU? Or are you some poor
sod who simply can't afford to join the seaside throngs...???

Poor scRunge! Folks, let's send him a few centimes so he can at least take
the RER to the "end of the line" for a day's holiday...!!!

--
Best
Greg

le message de ...

Old August 11th, 2008, 07:34 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,houston.eats,rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

Gregory Morrow wrote:

Runge12 is rendered speechless:

[...]

Wow, scRunge, it's August in Paris and all of France is on vacation

Morrow is stupid. They don't all take vacation at once.