can anyone suggest a nice basic hotel in rome? 100 euros or less per nite?

Old April 29th, 2004, 08:20 AM
frank johnson

Default can anyone suggest a nice basic hotel in rome? 100 euros or less per nite?

hello, I have a chance to go to rome last minute (like may 7-14) and i
need to find a hotel. would prefer something less expensive, but not
utterly cheap-- less than 100 euros a night perhaps? need just one
single-- Would prefer something near spanish steps and a subway
station, one that that is quiet enough to get a decent nap in between
all the trekking thru the streets for 6 days. air conditioning would
be nice if needed that time of year. I'm doing all the basic
first-timer sight seeing and just wandering thru. any suggestions?
thank you in advance! feel free to post here or send me an e-mail
direct. --frank
Old April 29th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Ryan B

"frank johnson" wrote in message
om...
hello, I have a chance to go to rome last minute (like may 7-14) and i
need to find a hotel. would prefer something less expensive, but not
utterly cheap-- less than 100 euros a night perhaps? need just one
single-- Would prefer something near spanish steps and a subway
station, one that that is quiet enough to get a decent nap in between
all the trekking thru the streets for 6 days. air conditioning would
be nice if needed that time of year. I'm doing all the basic
first-timer sight seeing and just wandering thru. any suggestions?
thank you in advance! feel free to post here or send me an e-mail
direct. --frank

This should be just what you want. I stay there once or twice a year and
like it alot.
http://www.travel.it/roma/julia/

Ryan

Old April 29th, 2004, 10:07 PM
Piero

need to find a hotel. would prefer something less expensive, but not
utterly cheap-- less than 100 euros a night perhaps? need just one
single--

Two years ago I was a week-end in Rome with my wife and daughter (we are
italian).
I found very good value for money the "Hotel Santa Prassede"
http://www.hotelsantaprassede.it/
Is near train station ("Stazione Termini"), near subway and bus stops.

Ciao, Piero.

Old April 30th, 2004, 04:30 AM
frank johnson

thanks, julia is booked up. :-)
Old April 30th, 2004, 02:26 PM
*Tom*

need to find a hotel. would prefer something less expensive, but not
utterly cheap-- less than 100 euros a night perhaps?

You call that cheap or basic????????? 100 Euro Pfffffffffffffff

In France basic is 50 Euro anyway. Not talking about the Côte d'Azur
ofcourse.

Tom

Old May 1st, 2004, 07:51 AM
frank johnson

thanks piero-- I will be taking your advice and staying there! they
had rooms-- will let you know how it goes! thanks - fj