Where to stay in NYC???

Old September 22nd, 2003, 12:58 PM
Mr & Mrs S Windsor

Default Where to stay in NYC???

Hi,

My husband & I are travelling from Australia to NYC in late October and I
have been given the task of finding somewhere for us to stay for 5 nights.

Unfortunately the exchange rate is still not crash hot for us so my budget
is about USD$100-140 per night.

Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay, in the mid town / Times Square
area. We're not looking for anything flash, just clean & comfortable &
close to the sights.

Thanks for your time.

Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:44 PM
John W

"Mr & Mrs S Windsor" wrote in message
Hi,

My husband & I are travelling from Australia to NYC in late October and I
have been given the task of finding somewhere for us to stay for 5 nights.

Unfortunately the exchange rate is still not crash hot for us so my budget
is about USD$100-140 per night.

Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay, in the mid town / Times

Square
area. We're not looking for anything flash, just clean & comfortable &
close to the sights.

We've just stayed at the Best Western President on W48th Street - it was
certainly clean and comfortable and we couldn't believe how close it was to
Times Square - As far as we were concerned the only downside was that the
room was a bit tatty but as I say, everything was clean and everything
worked so it wasn't a problem. Also, being halfway along the block meant
that it was quite quiet but the constant use of the other buildings on the
street meant that it always felt safe. Some we stayed there for 4 nights and
I tink the average cost was $89 per night - if you can avoid the weekend
completely then its cheaper still.

Old September 24th, 2003, 07:33 AM
Hiloman

The Hotel Wolcott: http://www.wolcott.com/

Old September 25th, 2003, 04:49 PM
thegourleys

"Mr & Mrs S Windsor" wrote in message
Hi,

My husband & I are travelling from Australia to NYC in late October and I
have been given the task of finding somewhere for us to stay for 5 nights.

Unfortunately the exchange rate is still not crash hot for us so my budget
is about USD$100-140 per night.

Can anyone recommend a decent place to stay, in the mid town / Times

Square
area. We're not looking for anything flash, just clean & comfortable &
close to the sights.

Thanks for your time.

HI,

I have some links to apartments for let for your stay. They have various
amenities including full kitchens. Many are in your price range. You will
probably want to eat out some nights,but you can save some money by having
your own breakfast,lunch,coffee,snacks,etc.

http://www.manhattanlodgings.com/details.htm

http://www.hospitalitycompany.com/apartments.html

http://www.ny.com/hotels/ Hotels and hostels

http://www.newyorkhotelsnyhotels.com/manhattan.htm General guideto New York
City Areas here also.

http://www.thesublet.com/ Would be my last choice,but still ok.

http://www.drvoyageur.com/newyork.html Guide to New York and saving money.

http://www.vrbo.com/vrbo/ny.htm Vacation rentals by owners.

I would also consider the Upper East and West Side and some other areas. A
20 minute subway ride to Times Square.

Good luck,
Bill