Delta offers hotel, meals, chauffeur to illegal aliens?

Old December 10th, 2003, 05:18 PM
InfoGuy123

Default Delta offers hotel, meals, chauffeur to illegal aliens?

I'm glad the airlines are apparently, if the following report is true,
making good use of the billions and billions in taxpayer money they were given
by Bush with the excuse that they deserved it because the events of 911 had
reduced their profits (even though they'd been losing money even *before* 911).

Free hotels, meals and chauffers are just some of the perks illegal aliens
can now receive in the US.*

(*For those Californians who lost their homes in the recent wildfires,
though, can we interest you in a rebuilding loan at a competitive interest
rate?)

What a country!

From:
http://www.americanpatrol.com/COMMEN...l-Current.html :

In-flight Insecurity

11/6/03 -- Recently a Homeland Security sky marshal, who had been a Border
Patrol agent, noticed 3 suspicious characters leaving the plane he was aboard.
As they left, the sky marshal interviewed the three. They admitted that they
were all in the country illegally (they were Mexicans), and that they had used
forged documents to board the flight.
The air marshal notified the INS. They showed up at the airport, took the
suspects into custody, then released them to the airline (Delta Airlines)
thereafter.
The airline put the illegals up in a hotel because they had missed their
connecting flight. Delta also paid for their meals, and provided them with a
Spanish-speaking chauffeur.
Delta then complained to the the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
about the detention by the sky marshal. The DHS then fired the sky marshal.
The sky marshal complained to the union and was reinstated with a 7 day
suspension.
The sky marshal reports that other sky marshals have had similar
experiences and may join a class action suit.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty ... servitude better than ... freedom,
go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel or your arms ... May your
chains set lightly upon you. May posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."
- Samuel Adams
Old December 10th, 2003, 06:41 PM
mrtravel

InfoGuy123 wrote:
I'm glad the airlines are apparently, if the following report is true,
making good use of the billions and billions in taxpayer money they were given
by Bush with the excuse that they deserved it because the events of 911 had
reduced their profits (even though they'd been losing money even *before* 911).

Free hotels, meals and chauffers are just some of the perks illegal aliens
can now receive in the US.*

(*For those Californians who lost their homes in the recent wildfires,
though, can we interest you in a rebuilding loan at a competitive interest
rate?)

What a country

I wonder.. What "suspicious" actions started this. Was it FWH, like DWB
is the case in some parts of the country? They missed their connecting
flight... Delta put them up in a hotel... big deal. Delta has done the
same for me in the past.
Could this "chauffeur" just been the person that took them to the hotel?

Regarding the complaint to the marshals employer, I would have to know
what the agreements are between the airlines and Homeland Security. If
HS took action, it sounds like something was violated.

I would like to know how they were reported to INS. There is no INS.