Safaris in Zambia

Old July 4th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Jarle Presttun

Default Safaris in Zambia

Hi.

I'm going to Zambia with a friend in just over one week. We will stay
there for three weeks, and will try to arrange a safari or two.

Both of us like outdoors activities and do not mind to rough it. We are
bringing our own tent and some equipment, but we need some local
knowledge, a guide, to teach us and show us the flora and fauna.
What we would like is a walking safari which is stripped for luxury and
more focused in living basic in the wilderness with self-catering.

Our plan is to head for Livingstone quite fast, and take it as it comes.
We'll try to sort things out there. As luxury lodges are not our target,
we have decided not to book safaris ahead, unless we get some good tips
here. That approach has worked well on other trips, so lets hope our
luck hasn't run out.

We're thinking about heading east towards the end of our trip, and maybe
end up on the Nyika Plateau and/or at Lake Malawi.

We'd appreciate very much some advice on tour operators that could meet
our wishes. As for budget, we're thinking about paying 100+$ pr person a
day.

Thanks

Jarle