Large Hannover trade fairs

Old October 5th, 2008, 02:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Pete

Default Large Hannover trade fairs

What are the Hannover trade fairs that fill up many of the hotels,
in other words, what are the trade fairs to avoid as a tourist?

Pete

Old October 5th, 2008, 02:47 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Pete

What are the Hannover trade fairs that fill up many of the hotels,
in other words, what are the trade fairs to avoid as a tourist?

Oops, I am only concerned with trade fairs during the tourist
season, from the beginning of May to the end of September.
CeBiT is in March, so no worries. April seems to be a month
to avoid. IAA Commercial Vehicles, starting at the end of
September and only taking place in even years, seems to be
one to avoid (that must be especially nasty considering that
Hannover has the second biggest Oktoberfest in the world).

Pete

Old October 5th, 2008, 08:14 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge12

You seem to know the answer to your question...
Just avoid the fairs, either you look up the calender or you just notice by
the hike in hotel prices.
You can still book the Accor hotel near the Hbf, price won't change.

Old October 5th, 2008, 01:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge12

No Cebit, but she answers about the cebit 30 years ago...
ça c'est de l'aide !

"Magda" a écrit dans le message de
On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 19:47:53 -0600, in rec.travel.europe, "Pete"

arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... What are the Hannover trade fairs that fill up many of the hotels,
... in other words, what are the trade fairs to avoid as a tourist?
... Oops, I am only concerned with trade fairs during the tourist
... season, from the beginning of May to the end of September.
... CeBiT is in March, so no worries.

I think you should worry. I went to the CeBiT ten years ago, and the only
place we found
to sleep was about 50-60 Km from Hannover. Granted, we hadn't booked a
hotel *twelve
months in advance*.

April seems to be a month
... to avoid. IAA Commercial Vehicles, starting at the end of
... September and only taking place in even years, seems to be
... one to avoid (that must be especially nasty considering that
... Hannover has the second biggest Oktoberfest in the world).

=====
It sounds much better in French, but then, everything does.

Old October 6th, 2008, 08:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Pete

What are the Hannover trade fairs that fill up many of the hotels,
in other words, what are the trade fairs to avoid as a tourist?

Hannover is something any tourist should avoid in general. There's
an old German saying "Nichts ist doofer als Hannover".

But Hannover seems to be a central base for exploring some
intriguing nearby cities, e.g. Goslar, Quedlinburg, Braunschweig,
Celle, and Bückeburg. What other city or pair of cities would
serve as bases for exploring the area, traveling east to west or
vice versa; Magdeburg or Braunschweig? I prefer to stay in
a hotel for a few days and visit other cities on train daytrips.

Pete

Old October 7th, 2008, 07:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

On 2008-10-05, Magda wrote:
On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 19:47:53 -0600, in rec.travel.europe, "Pete"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... Oops, I am only concerned with trade fairs during the tourist
... season, from the beginning of May to the end of September.
... CeBiT is in March, so no worries.

I think you should worry. I went to the CeBiT ten years ago, and the only place we found
to sleep was about 50-60 Km from Hannover. Granted, we hadn't booked a hotel *twelve
months in advance*.

You might want to work on your reading comprehension.
Old October 8th, 2008, 02:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Pete

Oops, I am only concerned with trade fairs during the tourist
season, from the beginning of May to the end of September.
CeBiT is in March, so no worries.

I think you should worry. I went to the CeBiT ten years ago,
and the only place we found to sleep was about 50-60 Km
from Hannover. Granted, we hadn't booked a hotel *twelve
months in advance*.

You might want to work on your reading comprehension.

You might want a place in my killfile.

Then add me too. He was correct. I specified a period of May
through September and your post blithely commented on a
trade show in MARCH. Change your "From" tag to bimbo.
Not only will that be appropriate, it will be easier for the rest of
us to killfile you.

Pete