What sites do you use to find cruise deals?

Old January 29th, 2005, 01:40 AM
Debra Abraham

Default What sites do you use to find cruise deals?

I am a travel agent in Australia and occasionally read this newsgroup.

I know that advertising is not allowed here, and am wondering places that I
can post or advertise that are frequented by the readers here.

Do many of you use/read the adverts at Cruisemates?
Are there others like this you can recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Debra

Old January 29th, 2005, 03:18 AM
Charles

In article , RTCReferee
wrote:

However, the last time I recall reading Cruisemates, they used to
place an ad right smack dab in the middle of the forums, between the
first and second post, and I made a mental note that I would never
patronize any advertiser who put their ad so in my face as that.

That ad placement sure is the pits. It is obnoxius and one of the
reasons I seldom look at Cruisemates message boards anymore. I wonder
though if the advertiser has a say where their ad is placed.

--
Charles
Old January 29th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Fred

"Karen Segboer" wrote in message
I wonder if my friend RoboJim is taking notes to pass on to Paul
Motter?

Karen,
who never reads Cruisemates anymore, either.

I don't think so Karen. Jimboob has been told to stay out of RTC by motter,
or loose his cruise benefits. Besides motter gets better press on the Travel
Channel than RTC. BTW speaking of, I think Anne needs to loose a few pounds.
JMHO

Fred

Old January 29th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Charles

In article , RTCReferee
wrote:

Same here. If I recall correctly, the one that drove me away was for an
anti-nausea medication.

It made me sick to my stomach.;-)

I just took a look see and it appears they have moved the ads from the
middle of the message forum, between messages, to the top and sides.
There are five ads on the page though. With that many ads people
probably will ignore all of them. I would advise them to just place one
ad at the top of the page. You can see how they used to do it, the
little text "more messages below" is still on the page but no ad is
there anymore.

--
Charles
Old January 29th, 2005, 04:52 PM
HDawson228

Folks. Remember, those ads pay for those websites. Maximum notice is
important in getting and keeping advertisers. Without ads, no website.

I think Cruise Critic is probably the biggest of all the cruise sites with a
great msg board. For ads check the CC Bargain Board.

I think Cruisemates and Cruise Critic may be a bit too civil for some posting
on RTC.

Old January 29th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Charles

In article , HDawson228
wrote:

Folks. Remember, those ads pay for those websites. Maximum notice is
important in getting and keeping advertisers. Without ads, no website.

It does not bother me that they have ads. The placement has bothered
me. And the amount of ads. Cruise Critic places one ad at the top of
the message board. I don't usualy find it annoying the way they place
them on the Cruise Critic web site . On Cruisemates the ads are way too
many and in your face all over their web site. Plus on Cruisemates many
of them or the blinking, moving type, ickkk.

I think Cruisemates and Cruise Critic may be a bit too civil for some posting
on RTC.

There are plenty of postings on Cruise Critic and Cruisemates that are
not civil. If they are really bad, or some moderator does not like them
they get removed. But I have seen a lot of them before they have been
removed. You can get the same effect on this newsgroup by kill filing
certain posters. Except you get to decide who you don't want to read on
r.t.c. while on moderated groups someone else decides what you get to
read. Usenet is not for everyone. Different strokes for different
folks. I prefer Usenet but I read and post to Cruise Critic form time
to time. Same with Cruisemates although much less often because there
is less traffic and the message board ad placement really did annoy me.
But now that they have moved the ads to the side I will look at their
boards agian more often. I am glad that Cruise Critic and Cruisemates
exist even though I have some criticisms of them.

--
Charles