Art Auctions on Cruise Ships Lead to Anger, Accusations and Lawsuits

Old July 16th, 2008, 11:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian[_1_]

Default Art Auctions on Cruise Ships Lead to Anger, Accusations and Lawsuits

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/16/ar...ts&oref=slogin
Old July 18th, 2008, 04:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Good New York Times article...

I especially liked the part about how Park West only offers refunds on a
case by case basis, and makes anyone they offer a refund to sign a
confidentiality agreement.

Pretty much exactly the opposite of a company like Land's End, which is
rated very high in customer service. On one cruise, Charles noticed a small
tear in my black suit jacket that I purchased from Land's End. It was the
first time I wore the suit. I called them and told the customer service rep
about the small tear, and said I didn't know if it came that way or if I
somehow did it, not knowing that I did. She said it didn't matter... and
sent me a new suit jacket in the mail the same day. And they didn't even
ask me to sign a confidentiality agreement, LOL!!

--Tom