French homeless prefer the street to the filthy stench of governmentrun shelters

Old December 24th, 2009, 01:34 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
PJ O'Donovan[_3_]

Default French homeless prefer the street to the filthy stench of governmentrun shelters

http://tinyurl.com/PJs1224
Old December 24th, 2009, 01:37 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
Bill Bonde {Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)

PJ O'Donovan wrote:

French homeless prefer the street to the filthy stench of government
run shelters

Sleeping under a bridge has one major drawback, other people use
under the bridge as a toilet.

--
Tiger tells eleven mistresses, "I will leave my wife for you."
Old December 24th, 2009, 01:50 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
FACE

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 01:37:17 +0000, in uk.politics.misc, "Bill Bonde
{Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"
, wrote

Tiger tells eleven mistresses, "I will leave my wife for you."

Were they in a group at the time?

Old December 24th, 2009, 04:45 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe

FACE wrote:

On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 01:37:17 +0000, in uk.politics.misc, "Bill Bonde
{Colourless green ideas don't sleep furiously)"
, wrote

Tiger tells eleven mistresses, "I will leave my wife for you."

Were they in a group at the time?

Tiger may spend the rest of his life in group.

--
Tiger tells eleven mistresses, "I will leave my wife for you."
Old December 24th, 2009, 06:29 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
Easeye

wrote in message

Tiger tells eleven mistresses, "I will leave my wife for you."

I have difficulty to understand how some people can make such a fuss about
lies told in an extramarital affair, yet condone lies told by a government
to bring a country into war.

Old December 24th, 2009, 07:21 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,talk.politics.misc,uk.politics.misc,rec.travel.europe
Runge11

Default donovan the filthy stench of this NG ?

is that what he's trying to say ?

"PJ O'Donovan" a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion :
French homeless prefer the street to the filthy stench of government
run shelters

http://tinyurl.com/PJs1224

__________ Information provenant d'ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version de la
base des signatures de virus 3948 (20090319) __________

Le message a été vérifié par ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Old December 24th, 2009, 09:21 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe
Earl Evleth[_1_]

On 24/12/09 2:37, in article , "Bill Bonde
wrote:

PJ O'Donovan wrote:

French homeless prefer the street to the filthy stench of government
run shelters

First the article is entitled "RIGHTS-FRANCE: Homeless Prefer Streets to
Gov't Shelter", the term "filthy" is used nowhere. So PJ, as usual
is lying about the contents of the article

Sleeping under a bridge has one major drawback, other people use
under the bridge as a toilet.

Not when there is somebody there.

I have had conversations with the homeless, the newspapers
and TV runs stores on them more than I think appear in the US.

First, the big complex for the homeless is the foyer at Nanterre.
People going there can't not drink nor bring their pets with them.
The bums have to have a general cleanup and checkup on arrival.
So staying there is regimented. They also are given clean clothing.

One bum in long term residence in our neighborhood was mentally off
and went through a number of cycles of visiting the foyer, getting
spruced up and in better shape. But he preferred the freedom
of being on the streets. He was not a drinker. Paris has roving
social service trucks which are particularly active in the cold
weather trying to get these people off the streets.

The "bums" have changed character, in the past they were the
classic clochards, alcoholics, generally middle or later
age (they don't live long). Now one sees the younger and lots
of illegals. The illegals if taken in are kept in detention
centers waiting deportation. The conditions of these centers
is horrible. In fact French prisons are not better, but the
homeless foyers are much better.

Your comment was stupid Bill as was PJs subject title.
You know nothing and PJ knows nothing.

Old December 24th, 2009, 10:32 AM posted to alt.activism.death-penalty,rec.travel.europe
Madame Soularde Babbling In Her Gin

wrote:

PJ O'Donovan wrote:

French homeless prefer the street to the filthy stench of government
run shelters

... the term "filthy" is used nowhere. So PJ, as usual
is lying about the contents of the article

Your comment was stupid Bill as was PJs subject title.
You know nothing and PJ knows nothing.

Resolved Question

Are there homeless shelters in France?

Best Answer

Yes there are many of them, and they are not full, despite the fact
that many homeless people are still shelterless.

The reason comes from the lack of security; there are fights, rapes,
madmen screaming, poor hygiene, thefts. This dissuades many homeless
from seeking shelter....

source:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...7171557AADTUDp

"poor hygiene" = euphemism for "filthy"