Embassy Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Fl

Old February 4th, 2006, 03:14 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Embassy Suites Ft. Lauderdale, Fl

Never stayed at an Embassy Suites, but long time Hilton guest. From
what we've been told by Hilton reservations, to us it seems too good to
be true. We booked south east 17th street Embassy Suites for 179.99 +
tax per night including 2 room suite, full open bar, 5:30 to 7:30 pm.
Hotel offers gym, reastaurant, two lounges, and pool. Everything we
expect from a full service hotel. Any input?

- seahorsep

Old February 4th, 2006, 05:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

We stayed there several years ago for a 1 night pre-cruise, great
location-couple of good restaurants within a short walk. At the time the
place seemed a little worn but according to their web site they are in the
process of remodeling- I think they got hit pretty bad last year during
hurricane season. Breakfast was excellent, happy hours was appreciated
after coping with the flight down. Check the papers left in you room, we
missed out on freebies offered by some of the restaurants if we had just
shown them out room key . Also they no longer offer free shuttle service
from the airport to the hotel-- I don't know what's up with that since

many
other hotels offer that service.

oups.com...

Old February 4th, 2006, 06:16 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Hi Sue, Yes Yes Yes...Please let us know how this place is. We are
booked there for our Caribbean Princess Cruise in May. Can't wait to
hear how you liked it. I am please to hear they have an open (full) bar
happy hour and cooked to order breakfast. I can deal with a half mile
taxi fare to the port.

Old February 4th, 2006, 07:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
Hi Sue, Yes Yes Yes...Please let us know how this place is. We are
booked there for our Caribbean Princess Cruise in May. Can't wait to
hear how you liked it. I am please to hear they have an open (full) bar
happy hour and cooked to order breakfast. I can deal with a half mile
taxi fare to the port.

I've stayed there a couple of times and really liked it. In fact I'm booked
there for my upcoming October cruise. Just so you know, Rick they do have a
free shuttle to the port. You will need to book the time you want when you
check in (I believe the first shuttle is at 11:30 and I believe 15 minute
increments after that).

Brenda

Old February 4th, 2006, 10:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

We stayed there a couple of years ago -- great value w/ the free cocktails.
and terrific breakfast. Tropical gardens inside and out make it, for us, a
rather special place --- other thing that was neat was that they not only
picked you up from the airport & brought you to the hotel, but also took you
to the cruise ship the next day. Post-cruise they picked us up at the dock &
brought us back to the hotel where we used their pool and other facilities
until it was time for them to drive us back to to airport for our return
home --- not bad value for $175-200 for one night !!

Bill W.
"geopa" wrote in message

We stayed there several years ago for a 1 night pre-cruise, great
location-couple of good restaurants within a short walk. At the time the
place seemed a little worn but according to their web site they are in
the
process of remodeling- I think they got hit pretty bad last year during
hurricane season. Breakfast was excellent, happy hours was appreciated
after coping with the flight down. Check the papers left in you room, we
missed out on freebies offered by some of the restaurants if we had just
shown them out room key . Also they no longer offer free shuttle service
from the airport to the hotel-- I don't know what's up with that since

many
other hotels offer that service.

oups.com...

Old February 4th, 2006, 01:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Bill wrote:
-- other thing that was neat was that they not only
picked you up from the airport & brought you to the hotel, but also took you
to the cruise ship the next day. Post-cruise they picked us up at the dock &
brought us back to the hotel

We are staying at the Embassy Suites "after" our cruise. Kevin called
them yesterday and they "will not" pick us up at the pier, but they
will take us to the airport when we check out.

sue - 45 minutes to go!
Old February 4th, 2006, 01:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , Bill
wrote:

We stayed there a couple of years ago -- great value w/ the free cocktails.
and terrific breakfast. Tropical gardens inside and out make it, for us, a
rather special place ---

The breakfast is okay but I would hardly call it terrific. They do make
eggs to order it is not a high quality breakfast. The cocktails are
nice but that is fairly generic too. The Embassy Suites is okay for a
pre or post cruise stay but I don't think it is a special place. I
thought it was great because I only paid between $60 and $75 all three
times on Priceline. I doubt If I would pay $175 or more for a night
there. I would look for a better hotel at that price.

--
Charles
Old February 4th, 2006, 09:36 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Charles, I did check out other prices....Marriott Harbor Beach wanted
$485 per night....Marriott Marina wanted $285 per night....Sheraton
Yankee Clipper wanted $265 per night....Sheraton Yankee Trader $245 per
night. The other Hilton Brands were on par with Marriott and Sheraton
prices. Making Embassy Suites the best value for a full service hotel
at $175 per night.

Old February 4th, 2006, 10:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , RICK DAVIS
wrote:

Charles, I did check out other prices....Marriott Harbor Beach wanted
$485 per night....Marriott Marina wanted $285 per night....Sheraton
Yankee Clipper wanted $265 per night....Sheraton Yankee Trader $245 per
night. The other Hilton Brands were on par with Marriott and Sheraton
prices. Making Embassy Suites the best value for a full service hotel
at $175 per night.

I heard prices are high now because there are a lot of rooms out of
service, many at the Marriott Marina for example, because of hurricane
Wilma damage. Embassy Suites is not a bad place. A little worn and with
dated rooms. Good for a pre-cruise. I would hate to pay $175 for it.
But if I had to pay $175 versus the prices you got for the others you
mentioned I would stay at the Embassy Suites for a pre-cruise. I know
you can get the Amersuites for less but I have read some bad reports
about it of late. I read some folks have been able to get the
Renaissance on Priceline for $60 for some dates. I thought the Ren was
better accommodations and better service, a nicer hotel.

--
Charles