living in europe

Old September 30th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Mxsmanic

The Rev Gaston writes:

But if Sharon Stone's intellect was sufficient to compensate for her
below-average looks, surely a towering intellect like your own must be
adequate to compensate for the most grotesque deformity?

What leads you to believe that I have a towering intellect?

Old September 30th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Mxsmanic

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

Not at all. In fact the constant changes make you even more sensitive
to the small changes whilst the big changes keep your view of the big
picture in check.

That is not what I've observed in such people. They consistently make
poor decisions in almost every domain, since at any given time they
can see only one viewpoint (their own) and this viewpoint swings
wildly among various extremes.

You don't see the correlation because you have no evidence of it. You
have no evidence of it, cause you refuse to believe it exists.

Not believing that something exists does not eliminate evidence of
existence. If I have no evidence of it, that cannot be any
consequence of my beliefs.

No. In fact it greatly broadens the scope.

Hardly. I've seen the constraints it places on male-female
relationships. It must be a lonely world for people who accept those
constraints.

By limiting the actions you allow yourself, you are limiting your
options.

Which limitations am I placing on myself?

Those who don't limit themselves have the broadest scope of all.

Perhaps, but I'm closer to that ideal than most people are, since I
don't see the opposite sex as merely a pool of mating partners.

Old September 30th, 2005, 04:12 AM
Mxsmanic

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

So you don't work 55 hours per week, but about half of that.

I spent about that time at the workplace.

As such, you don't know what it's like to work 55 hours per week.

Actually I do.

Old September 30th, 2005, 04:55 AM
No Spam

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) writes:

And yet, according to your posts here, "being smart" hasn't
achieved much for you!

Where did I say I was smart?

Where did she say you said you were smart?

Old September 30th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Mxsmanic

No Spam writes:

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) writes:

And yet, according to your posts here, "being smart" hasn't
achieved much for you!

Where did I say I was smart?

Where did she say you said you were smart?

In the statement you just quoted: "'being smart' hasn't achieved much
for you!"

If I were not smart, this statement would make no sense. And since
she says "according to your posts," she implies that at some point I
claimed to be smart.

Old September 30th, 2005, 07:52 AM
Tim Challenger

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 05:12:08 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

So you don't work 55 hours per week, but about half of that.

I spent about that time at the workplace.

As such, you don't know what it's like to work 55 hours per week.

Actually I do.

Do you work nights?
--
Tim C.
Old September 30th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Tim Challenger

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 05:11:32 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

Not believing that something exists does not eliminate evidence of
existence.

But it /can/ help you ignore such evidence, on the basis that it can#t be
evidence because you believe it to be false.
--
Tim C.
Old September 30th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Tim Challenger

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 05:11:32 +0200, Mxsmanic wrote:

Hardly. I've seen the constraints it places on male-female
relationships. It must be a lonely world for people who accept those
constraints.

You should know. Mr Party Animal.
--
Tim C.