November weather ...

Old September 21st, 2017, 01:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
-hh

Default November weather ...

Been debating taking a "long weekend" getaway to someplace
in EU; haven't really thought too much yet about precisely
where, other than it being mostly a city visit.

Thus said, any general weather trend -type of comments
of regions to avoid (or lean towards)? Don't want to
consider someplace where the typical seasonal pattern
is 10 hours of rain each day.

Short list examples under contemplation: London, Berlin,
Amsterdam, Prague; maybe Athens, Barcelona, Basil..

-hh
Old September 21st, 2017, 07:35 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Athel Cornish-Bowden

On 2017-09-21 12:25:10 +0000, -hh said:

Been debating taking a "long weekend" getaway to someplace
in EU; haven't really thought too much yet about precisely
where, other than it being mostly a city visit.

Thus said, any general weather trend -type of comments
of regions to avoid (or lean towards)? Don't want to
consider someplace where the typical seasonal pattern
is 10 hours of rain each day.

Short list examples under contemplation: London, Berlin,
Amsterdam, Prague; maybe Athens, Barcelona, Basil..

In November just about anywhere in Europe can be cold and rainy, but
I'd be inclined to put Athens and Barcelona at the top of the list.

--
athel

Old September 22nd, 2017, 08:26 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

On Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 1:25:16 PM UTC+1, -hh wrote:
Been debating taking a "long weekend" getaway to someplace
in EU; haven't really thought too much yet about precisely
where, other than it being mostly a city visit.

Thus said, any general weather trend -type of comments
of regions to avoid (or lean towards)? Don't want to
consider someplace where the typical seasonal pattern
is 10 hours of rain each day.

Short list examples under contemplation: London, Berlin,
Amsterdam, Prague; maybe Athens, Barcelona, Basil..

-hh

In November your only safe EU bets would be Cyprus or Canaries.
Old September 24th, 2017, 09:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
-hh

FWIW, don't mind it being chilly; question is rain.

Unfortunately, the timing is going to be a little before the Christmas Markets
start, which is also why we're not too revv'ed up about finding something.

-hh
Old September 25th, 2017, 10:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

-hh wrote:
FWIW, don't mind it being chilly; question is rain.

Unfortunately, the timing is going to be a little before the Christmas Markets
start, which is also why we're not too revv'ed up about finding something.

-hh

Well, if, like me, you don't like rain but don't mind snow, head for the
mountains 8-). There are several areas that fit that bill 8-)

--
biblioholic medievalist via iPad
Old October 11th, 2017, 01:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Am Montag, 25. September 2017 23:03:25 UTC+2 schrieb Erilar:

Well, if, like me, you don't like rain but don't mind snow, head for the
mountains 8-).

He wants cities. What about Kiruna?

Regards, ULF
Old October 12th, 2017, 09:47 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Giovanni Drogo

On Wed, 11 Oct 2017, wrote:

He wants cities. What about Kiruna?

or Kirkenes ? :-)
Old September 29th, 2017, 10:59 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Am Sonntag, 24. September 2017 22:36:38 UTC+2 schrieb -hh:
FWIW, don't mind it being chilly; question is rain.

In my area quantities of rain are higher in summer
but we might have more rain hours in autumn.

Unfortunately, the timing is going to be a little before the Christmas Markets
start,

The time before is quite untouristic
in Central and Western Europe.

Might be possible to book an short notice
when you won't have to rely on bare statistics.

Regards, ULF
Old December 5th, 2017, 02:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Am Sonntag, 24. September 2017 22:36:38 UTC+2 schrieb -hh:
FWIW, don't mind it being chilly; question is rain.

Unfortunately, the timing is going to be a little before the Christmas Markets
start, which is also why we're not too revv'ed up about finding something.

How did you like it, and where did you go at the end?

Regards, ULF
Old January 7th, 2018, 05:20 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
-hh

Am Sonntag, 24. September 2017 22:36:38 UTC+2 schrieb -hh:
[...]

How did you like it, and where did you go at the end?

Regards, ULF

A complete chenage in plan. Stumbled onto a really good
airfare special to a place we like to go in the Caribbean, but then
couldn't find a hotel room on the out-island we wanted to stay at,
losing time to get back to finding something in EU.

So we ended up not going on a trip at all, but stayed at home and
renovated the TV room. Some advice on wallpapering: hire a Pro.
They'll get it done 5x faster.

In any event, our schedule for 2018 is probably going to involve
another lousy work schedule for the first half of the year, which
will push us into another fall break to plan something for. Thinking
maybe the Adriatic in September, and/or Greece in October; depends
also on a new medical condition which has cropped up which limits
walking, which puts a crimp on a lot of our style for city touring.
Perhaps Scandinavian northern lights?

-hh