Beijing hotel - which one?

Old September 15th, 2003, 06:01 AM
wanderer

Default Beijing hotel - which one?

I have a choice of choosing one out of these four hotels for a tour
package to Beijing. Which should I choose? Choices a

New World Courtyard Beijing (Superior Room)
Renaissance Beijing Hotel (Deluxe Room)
Shangri-La Hotel Beijing (Superior Room)
The Marco Polo Beijing (Superior Room)

Thanks in advance.
Old September 15th, 2003, 07:54 AM
MS

"wanderer" wrote in message
om...
I have a choice of choosing one out of these four hotels for a tour
package to Beijing. Which should I choose? Choices a

New World Courtyard Beijing (Superior Room)
Renaissance Beijing Hotel (Deluxe Room)
Shangri-La Hotel Beijing (Superior Room)
The Marco Polo Beijing (Superior Room)

It would help if you explained what factors are important for you.
Location, size of room, service, facilities etc.

Martin

Old September 15th, 2003, 12:35 PM
wanderer

Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Important factors are 1. Location (closeness to restaurants, shopping and
nice hangout places), 2. Quality of hotel room 3. Service

om...

Old September 18th, 2003, 04:13 PM
Steven M. Scharf

"wanderer" wrote in message
om...
Sorry, I should have mentioned that.

Important factors are 1. Location (closeness to restaurants, shopping and
nice hangout places), 2. Quality of hotel room 3. Service

The Shangri-La is wonderful, but far from restaurants
and shopping. The only plus is that it is near the
Summer Palace, and the zoo. It's a very long taxi ride
to the center of town, or you can walk 30 minutes to the
Xizhimen subway station (which will be faster than a cab
at most times, Beijing traffic is horrible).

The New World Courtyard is the most central. The other
three hotels are not in good locations. Second choice
would be the Marco Polo.

Personally I wouldn't choose any of these hotels, but I
understand that you're limited to these four.