ALASKA - AVOID CLIPPERSHIP MOTORHOME RENTALS

Old September 10th, 2004, 07:24 AM
2travel

Default ALASKA - AVOID CLIPPERSHIP MOTORHOME RENTALS

Unless your ideal vacation is waiting for repairs on a RENTED RV or
doing them yourself – I would recommend you avoid Clippership
Motorhome Rentals of Alaska 5401 Old Seward Highway Anchorage Alaska
99518.

Rented a LATE MODEL (1996 is not late it is ancient) 20 foot motorhome
– from the time I drove the creature off the lot the CHECK ENGINE
light came on and remained on the entire trip; when I contacted the
office by telephone regarding the matter the response was the mechanic
was aware of the problem but to continue to drive the vehicle since
the light may come on intermittently – well the mechanic was WRONG,
the light only went off when the key was removed the ignition!!!!
Prior to departing the Anchorage area I returned to Clippership to
discuss the noticeable aroma of ‘burning oil', and the check engine
light, to my surprise they did not offer or attempt to switch me to
another RV but spent approximately 20 minutes patching the ‘oil seal
leak' and mentioned again the engine light problem was just an
intermittent nuisance!!! Approximately 15 miles into the trip the ABS
light came on to keep the "CHECK ENGINE light company for the
remainder of the trip.

Since these ‘Alaskan Bumpkins' had my money and all reputable
motorhome rental companies were booked, my only choice was to climb in
the ancient machine ‘pray and stay on the main highways'. Happy to
say I completed my Alaskan frontier trek, however it was not without
problems - ‘no working air conditioner', ‘an engine whistling ‘I am
going die any minute' and intermittent backfiring from wherever
backfiring originates. When I returned the vehicle and mentioned
the numerous mechanical problems I had experienced, the only concern
was whether the vehicle had structural damage; my response was the
whole RV was a structural mishap waiting to happen!!!

It should be noted Clippership Motorhome Rentals of Alaska boast on
their brochure they were the recipient of the Better Business Bureau
1995 Business of the Year award. In keeping with the tradition of the
Better Business Bureau ability to notify businesses of their standing
in the community I plan file a formal complaint to prevent other
unsuspecting families from experiencing the possibility of a fatal RV
experience.