hotels in Krakow

Old June 5th, 2004, 05:17 AM
mlecho

Default hotels in Krakow

anyone know of a good, affordable hotel in Krakow? i have no idea what
to expect in terms of prices...it has been 10 years since i was last
there. Have things changed with the EU introduction/new economy?

Thanks
Old June 5th, 2004, 09:43 AM
louis xiv

try www.inyourpocket.com
follow the links to Krakow

om...

Old June 5th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Graham Harrison

Stayed in the Hotel Ester recently. This is in the Kazimerz district (the
old Jewish district), about 20 minutes walk from the city centre (4? tram
stops). It is billed as 3 star. Nothing special. In other countries
might be a 2 star but it was perfectly acceptable. Room was clean, good
sized bathroom with shower and bath. Small TV. Good sized double bed.
No aircon.

The hotel is in a square with several restaurants. At least one seemed to
feature on tours of Krakow in the evenings. For various reasons we tended
to frequent restaurants around the main city square which (in my view) is
beautiful.

Whilst I can't complain about the Ester in any way I think, on balance, I
would probably stay nearer the centre on a return visit.

--
*****
*****The "return to" address embedded in this mail is wrong as an antispam