Cheap Package Tours for Shoppers to Seattle?

Old October 21st, 2007, 08:46 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,can.general,soc.culture.canada,ab.general,calgary.general
Brian K[_1_]

Default Cheap Package Tours for Shoppers to Seattle?

On 10/14/2007 11:58 PM Ned Kelly plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger
and said:
At the moment, there are many package tours for Albertans to go to Las vegas,
for shopping and so on.
These packages include air fare, hotels and often car rentals - all for
extremely good prices, especially for seniors.

Is there such packages for seniors to go to Seattle-Tacoma, for lots of
shopping, say with Horizon/Alaska Air, from edmonton or Calgary?

Washington State Tourism, there are lots of us willing to spend, spend, spend,
if you can organize the trips.

When I think of holidays and shopping the East Coast is the place to
be. I would avoid New York City taxes are high. However both the
Meadowlands in New Jersey and Jersey Gardens Mall in Elizabeth, NJ
feature bargains in outlet stores. While I reside in NJ, I have seen
buses from NYC with tourists at both locations. You might want to
rethink your plans viewing what New York City has to offer in holiday
lights, the Tree at 30 Rock, St. Patrick's as well as your shopping safari.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old October 21st, 2007, 09:43 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,can.general,soc.culture.canada,ab.general,calgary.general
Ned Kelly

Seattle is on the WEST coast, which is of more interest, and lower travel
costs, than visiting the over-priced US East coast.

Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:35 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,can.general,soc.culture.canada,ab.general,calgary.general
Brian K[_1_]

and said:

[...]

I understand the geographic and transport issues. But if you know where
to shop on the East Coast savings can be very good. Perhaps there is a
Steve & Barry's in Seattle. They feature mens and womens casual
sporting wear for $7.98 - $12. 98. Their stuff holds up too. I have
some jeans, shirts, and a starter jacket that have lasted more than 3
years. At Bob's I got $100.00 Asics running shoes for $35.00. At
Marshall's, I got a $400 Tommy Hilfiger wool suit for $ 129.00. Of
these, I think Marshall's is nation wide. So you might want to check
one out in Seattle.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera