Key West vs Ft. lauderdale

Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:41 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dan24

Default Key West vs Ft. lauderdale

On Oct 22, 3:02 am, Dan24 wrote:
Thank you all very much!

Are there any recommended locations to stay in Ft Lauderdale and Key
West?

Thanks again,

Danny

Just to be more precise - I noticed in Ft. Lauderdale there are
several areas - downtown, north, west, hollywood, etc.
Where should I be booking?

Old October 23rd, 2007, 08:01 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian K[_1_]

On 10/22/2007 5:41 AM Dan24 plucked Senior Frog's Magic Twanger and said:
On Oct 22, 3:02 am, Dan24 wrote:

Thank you all very much!

Are there any recommended locations to stay in Ft Lauderdale and Key
West?

Thanks again,

Danny

Just to be more precise - I noticed in Ft. Lauderdale there are
several areas - downtown, north, west, hollywood, etc.
Where should I be booking?

The Beach even if you don't plan to sun and swim. There aren't any
decent hotels downtown. It's mostly offices, government buildings and
some museums. West is mostly residential, and the Everglades. There
really isn't much North along the Beach. Inland North you get
Plantation, lots of golf courses, and big hotels with big prices.
Hollywood is family oriented. Mostly everything there is a little
shopworn, but you might get your price there. Use Priceline.com or
Hotels.com to see if you can get a bargain that isn't a dump.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera