Stupid questions

Old October 20th, 2007, 05:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Stupid questions

I never fail to be amazed by the stupid questions, like:

What should I do in port?

What should I eat?

What should I wear?

What show should I see?

What restaurant should I eat at?

Should I dress up at formal night?

Should I make love with my husband?

or somebody's husband?

Should I get a inside, outside, balcony or suite?

Should I go to the Caribbean or around the world?

Should I use a cell phone, computer, ipod,
or a dildo on my cruise?

Isn't there something called personal opinion anymore?

Why do we only want to do what others do?

I don;t care if you sleep late or get up early, eat two deserts or none
at all!

Do what you like and you will be happy.

Inspector Gadget

Old October 20th, 2007, 06:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
D Ball[_2_]

Do what you like and you will be happy.

Inspector Gadget

Setting aside the ridiculous questions you included on the list, the
balance reflect legitimate inquiries of fellow cruisers as a part of
doing one's homework. How do you know "what you like" if you don't
know the options?

Some of you know Syms. I love and agree 100% with the founder's
slogan: "An educated consumer is our best consumer."

Diana Ball
Austin, TX

Old October 20th, 2007, 09:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_1_]

On 10/20/2007 12:00 PM consulted a Magic 8 Ball
and declared:
I never fail to be amazed by the stupid questions, like:

What should I do in port?

What should I eat?

What should I wear?

What show should I see?

What restaurant should I eat at?

Should I dress up at formal night?

Should I make love with my husband?

or somebody's husband?

Should I get a inside, outside, balcony or suite?

Should I go to the Caribbean or around the world?

Should I use a cell phone, computer, ipod,
or a dildo on my cruise?

Isn't there something called personal opinion anymore?

Why do we only want to do what others do?

I don;t care if you sleep late or get up early, eat two deserts or none
at all!

Do what you like and you will be happy.

Inspector Gadget

Some of these questions are quite valid. If I've never been to Alaska
in July, and I live in say New Orleans, I know that it's cooler in
Alaska but not by how much. A hooded Columbia Zero Degree insulated
coat would be over kill. But if all I know of Alaska is Igloos, Eskimos
and Polar Bears I might make that mistake. So, asking what to wear/
pack makes sense.

The best places to eat and shop have always been advertised by word of
mouth. Anybody in these businesses knows this to be true. So, if I
have a day in Cozumel and I've never been there, to maximize my
experience in addition to reading travel guide books I will want to ask
fellow cruisers where they experienced the best of these places.

While some information about excursions is covered in cruise
documentation, it's always good to hear about it from someone who went
on the excursion. Also, I might want to know if it is possible to do my
own excursion. That information can only be obtained by asking someone
who's been to a specific port.

About some of your silly questions what can I say? It must be that ol'
Web TV syndrome.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera
Old October 20th, 2007, 10:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Some more questions to add to your list.... (below)...

Oh wait... these were YOUR questions.

--Tom

How much are the roaming charges at sea in the Caribbean? Is there a
daily roaming charges or is it per call?

Has anyone had any luck with the Princess last minute cruises list from
Florida?
I hardly ever get am e-mail and then it's for cruises in Australia, Asia
or Africa.

Has anyone had a recent experience with special water or caffeine free
soda that is not available of the ship?

Also do they still have the sample baskets of toiletries (shampoo,
toothpaste etc.) in the cabin on boarding day?

Is there a way to find a travel agent by their clia number and name
only?

Old October 21st, 2007, 03:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Tom K
wrote:

Some more questions to add to your list.... (below)...

Oh wait... these were YOUR questions.

You zinged him good!!!

--
Charles
Old October 21st, 2007, 09:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

As a continuation on the original post, I am reminded of other stupid
questions once told by a few of the comedians on some of our past cruises.
Whether real or somewhat made up, they are cute. Here are a few that I can
remember.

* What time is the midnight buffet?

* Do these stairs go up or down?

* Does this elevator go the front of the ship?

* Does the crew sleep on board the ship at night?

* Does this ship have generators?

* If the captain is here at the show, who's steering the ship?

* How do I know which picture is mine in the photo gallery?

Happy sailing,
John Sisker, SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency No. 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old October 22nd, 2007, 02:43 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

You zinged yourself!

A question that asks for a fact is a great way to learn,

But a question that asks for an opinion. such as what should I eat,
wear, do etc is quite misleading as the person answering doesem;t know
what you like to eat, wear or do.

Inspector Gadget

Old October 22nd, 2007, 07:47 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 01:34:14 -0700, "John Sisker" wrote:

* Does the crew sleep on board the ship at night?

A passenger on a cruise ship once asked one of the entertainers on board that very question. The answer given was the crew were
flown to the mainland every night by helicopters.

Two days later the passenger complained to the captain that the helicopters were keeping her awake at night.