Infornmation needed - Holiday in Perth in Oct/Nov

Old September 11th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Beng

Default Infornmation needed - Holiday in Perth in Oct/Nov

I will be going at around 8 days and there seem to have so many things to do
and I'm not able to go down to Albany. I wish to have a slower and relaxed
trip to Perth this time round as it'd been sometime since I took some time
away from work.

Decided to go Pinnacles on day tour as do not intend to rent a 4WD. Any
local tour recommendations?

For Wave Rock, is it far from Perth City? Arnd how many mins drive is it
away from the City?

Will be going down to Margaret River and Bunbury area. Any accomodations
recommandations?

Noted that some car rentals have this 100km cap daily. How does this work in
OZ?

Old September 11th, 2005, 04:13 PM
www.poms.co.uk

"Beng" wrote in message
I will be going at around 8 days and there seem to have so many things to
do
and I'm not able to go down to Albany. I wish to have a slower and relaxed
trip to Perth this time round as it'd been sometime since I took some time
away from work.

Decided to go Pinnacles on day tour as do not intend to rent a 4WD. Any
local tour recommendations?

For Wave Rock, is it far from Perth City? Arnd how many mins drive is it
away from the City?

Will be going down to Margaret River and Bunbury area. Any accomodations
recommandations?

Noted that some car rentals have this 100km cap daily. How does this work
in
OZ?

The wave rock is hours away from perth.

--

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/experimentalist-co-uk Australian, USA, UK Pay As
You GO Sim Cards.

Old September 11th, 2005, 04:36 PM
John H

Wave Rock is about 300 Miles from Perth.(from memory) (Day trip anyway)
Most main car rental fiormas in Aussie have unlimited kms per day.
El cheapo's have restrictions
Local trip down to Fremantle and spend an afternoon looking around.
John H

Old September 12th, 2005, 10:24 AM
Gerrit 't Hart

"Beng" wrote in message
I will be going at around 8 days and there seem to have so many things to

do
and I'm not able to go down to Albany. I wish to have a slower and relaxed
trip to Perth this time round as it'd been sometime since I took some time
away from work.

Decided to go Pinnacles on day tour as do not intend to rent a 4WD. Any
local tour recommendations?

For Wave Rock, is it far from Perth City? Arnd how many mins drive is it
away from the City?

Will be going down to Margaret River and Bunbury area. Any accomodations
recommandations?

Noted that some car rentals have this 100km cap daily. How does this work

in
OZ?

Wave Rock really just too far away for a reasonable day trip.
Besides its a waste of time, just for the rock. Much better to stay an extra
day in Margaret River area.

Gerrit - Perth

Old September 14th, 2005, 05:49 AM
NetPlus Micro Computers \(Shaw Goh\)

"Beng" wrote in message
I will be going at around 8 days and there seem to have so many things to
do
and I'm not able to go down to Albany. I wish to have a slower and relaxed
trip to Perth this time round as it'd been sometime since I took some time
away from work.

Decided to go Pinnacles on day tour as do not intend to rent a 4WD. Any
local tour recommendations?

For Wave Rock, is it far from Perth City? Arnd how many mins drive is it
away from the City?

Will be going down to Margaret River and Bunbury area. Any accomodations
recommandations?

Noted that some car rentals have this 100km cap daily. How does this work
in
OZ?

If you were renting a car anyway, you don't need a 4wd for the Pinnacles
itself. The 4wd tours do go off road and see the beach & dunes.

I would also tend to agree, give Wave Rock a miss unless you really wanted
to drive a total of 800kms to take a few photos. In my 25 years in Perth,
I've been to the rock once and the experience is not worth it - to take
decent photos, you'd want to be there at sunrise or sunset. Driving at
night there is extremely dangerous with the roos. Sleeping overnight in
Hyden, you'd better buy a couple full bottles of aeroguard (insect
repellant)!

Given 8 days, I would spend 2-3 in Perth/Fremantle. 1 to the Pinnacles and
maybe a spring flower drive through inland. and the rest in South West
region (Margaret River/Pemberton). Our South West region is the best area
in the whole country in my opinion. I have driven all over Australia and
only a few regions (Great Ocean Road, Noosa, Airlie Beach, Adelaide Hills)
are as nice.