*** ***********, Hershey packer

Old July 1st, 2010, 04:19 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Ari Silverstein

Default Nude Cruising ?

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:43:16 -0500, Terry J. Wood wrote:

Ari Silverstein wrote in news:891940FpmuU1
@mid.individual.net:

What happens then to the erections that most people get in the normal
course of being a textile? They disappear because you're a nudist?

http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/89q1/nude.html

ooooKay, I'll pass on getting beat up.
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, Cruise Travel Advisory Services
www.cruisequick.com - able to offer some of the lowest prices and best
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:21 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Ari Silverstein

Default *** ***********, Hershey packer

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:20:15 -0500, Terry J. Wood wrote:

Ari Silverstein wrote in news:891pr9F47iU1
@mid.individual.net:

I also have headaches. I brag.

Ha! That's nothing. *I* have migraines! Big THROBBING migranes!

I have big throbbing erections with migraines.

Your turn.
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:23 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Ari Silverstein

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:37:55 -0500, Terry J. Wood wrote:

Ari Silverstein wrote in news:891q5hF680U1
@mid.individual.net:

Jeannie O'Boyle an Irish born Holy Roman Catholic who has been known
to overlook the pedophilia of the Catholic priesthood. Of course, she
denigrates nudists because they are all pedophiles...because they
don't wear robes.

I don't worry about nudists. I worry about female TEACHERS!

http://tinyurl.com/teacher-hall-of-shame

I worry about female teachers too. No, actually I think about female
teachers. And get erections.

But then, I'm a pervert like you, Terry. :0
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:24 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Ari Silverstein

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:32:09 -0500, Terry J. Wood wrote:

Jenny6833A wrote in news:c6896b6d-6989-42d0-a758-
:

"Jean"
is just another troll. Vanilla. Not
very interesting. Not very creative. Not really trying very hard.

Or not very bright.

A perfect example of "Heinlein's Razor": "Never attribute to malice that
which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

Mrs. O'Boyle is both malicious and stupid. She's ambimentalist.
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:38 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Terry J. Wood

Ari Silverstein wrote in
:

Watch it, I be there! Does this backslide of nudist popularity = its
failure?

It's only a failure if you don't get out and enjoy it while you can.
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:43 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Terry J. Wood

Ari Silverstein wrote in news:892ftoFj5vU1
@mid.individual.net:

I have big throbbing erections with migraines.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...9830804225553#
Old July 1st, 2010, 04:59 AM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Terry J. Wood

Ari Silverstein wrote in news:892g10FjkmU1
@mid.individual.net:

But then, I'm a pervert like you, Terry. :0

I don't think so. I'm not a "cruiser".

Old July 1st, 2010, 12:59 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Jan Dijkman

On Wednesday, 30 June 12010, Jenny6833A wrote:

On Jun 30, 2:12*am, Jan Dijkman wrote:

Nudism is being nude while doing things that are not normally done nude.

I don't like it, because it depends on the meaning of "normal."
Normal just means what most people do, which makes it dependent on
time, place, society, etc.

That is exactly the point. Once it becomes normal, it ceases to be nudism. Or
would you suggest that having a shower, a bath, or sex nude is nudism?

If the majority were nude, as for example
at a nudist city such as the Quartier Naturiste at Cap d'Agde, your
tag line says they wouldn't be practicing nudism.

To paraphrase from your quote from Wiki, "'Normal' is behavior that conforms to
the predominant behavior in a society." As far as i know, Cap d'Agde's Quartier
Naturiste is not a society of its own, but embedded within Cap d'Agde itself,
& ultimately, within French society.

How about, "Nudism is being nude while doing things that non-nudists
do only while clothed."

That introduces the term non-nudist & by extention the term nudist, which would
require definitions of the terms, which would open a whole new can of worms. I
prefer to leave that term out of it & choose something everyone can intuitively
understand. (Even if they don't agree.)

which reduces to

"Nudism is doing, while nude, what non-nudists do
only while clothed."

I like that reduction & i'll use an analog in my definition. Thanks.

"From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In behavior, normal refers to a lack of significant deviation from
the average. The phrase "not normal" is often applied in a negative
sense (asserting that someone or some situation is improper, sick,
etc.) Abnormality varies greatly in how pleasant or unpleasant this is
for other people.

"The Oxford English Dictionary defines "normal" as 'conforming to a
standard'. Another possible definition is that "a normal" is someone
who conforms to the predominant behavior in a society. This can be for
any number of reasons such as simple imitative behavior, deliberate or
inconsistent acceptance of society's standards, fear of humiliation or
rejection etc.

"The French sociologist Émile Durkheim indicated in his Rules of the
Sociological Method that the most common behavior in a society is
considered normal. People who do not go along are violating social
norms and will invite a sanction, which may be positive or negative,
from others in the society."

--
Jan Dijkman jahadi(at)ziggo(dot)nl

Nudism is doing while nude what is not normally done nude.
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:02 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean,rec.travel.cruises,rec.nude
Jan Dijkman

On Wednesday, 30 June 12010, Ari Silverstein wrote:

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 18:47:38 -0500, Terry J. Wood wrote:

Ari Silverstein wrote [...]

Now that is interesting, are you saying that the roots of the naturist
community came from the Peace, Love, Dope Generation (of which I am a
part)?

It didn't start there. It's much older than that. But the flower children
were much more in tune with nudity that the kids of today. Just watch the
Woodstock Anniversary Blu-Ray and you'll see what I mean.

Watch it, I be there! Does this backslide of nudist popularity = its
failure?

What Terry fails to mention, perhaps because she also fails to realize, is that
the graying is limited to organized naturism. Disorganised naturism & nudism
flourish as never before. All that is mostly because the younger generation of
nudists don't join the old naturist organisations.