Utah- Over rated?

Old September 6th, 2004, 05:18 PM

I guess I am more use to bountiful trees, cool mountain streams and
waterfalls and cool summer temperatures. I live in North Carolina where
I find the scenery much more beautiful.

Old September 6th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Keith Willshaw

wrote in message
You must live in Utah.

Dont tell me it was the .co.uk email address that gave it away.

Keith

Old September 6th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Keith Willshaw

Old September 6th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Todd Kunioka

"Keith Willshaw" wrote in message ...
wrote in message
I just got home from visiting Utah. I visited the four corners area,
monument valley, Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. Would you agree
with this statement?

Troll rating 2/10

A poor effort

Well, pretty good at generating follow-ups, but not very good at
drawing outraged and spastic responses [which I tend to think is the
intent of a troller], if only because it was so transparent.

Utah is probably still underrated on the dramatic desert scenery
dimension. Hard as it is to believe, I think many folks are still
unfamiliar with Canyonlands and Arches National Parks. And it's
certainly underrated on the dry powder dimension, despite having
hosted the Winter Olympics. I blame John Denver for this one.

TK
Old September 7th, 2004, 03:30 AM
Lori K.

wrote in message
I guess I am more use to bountiful trees, cool mountain streams and
waterfalls and cool summer temperatures. I live in North Carolina where
I find the scenery much more beautiful.

I live in NC too and I am see miles of trees and green on a daily basis and
this year with so much excess rain I was thrilled to see someplace
different! There were however, beautiful trees, rivers and plenty of water
running out of springs from the rocks in Zion and it was nice and green in
there on the hikes to the narrows and the emerald pools. The huge cliffs,
rocks and color variations made up for all this bland green here in NC for
me anyway. The best part about the USA is the variation in climate,
geography, marine, flora and fauna and I hope to see it all!

Old September 7th, 2004, 04:09 AM
R H Draney

Ken filted:

wrote in news:20946-413BC685-45@storefull-
3235.bay.webtv.net:
I just got home from visiting Utah. I visited the four corners area,
monument valley, Zion National Park and Bryce Canyon. Would you agree
with this statement? If you like rocks visit Utah, if you don't stay at
home.

If you like the outdoors, Utah is fantastic. If you like the indoors, go to
New York City.

Hehehe...for a second there I thought you were going to say "if you like the
indoors, go to your room"....

You could make a statement like Scott's about almost any place on earth, though,
couldn't you?....

"If you like windmills, go to New Mexico"....

Or "if you like the sky, go to Arizona; if you don't, go to Seattle"....

Wait, here's one:

"If you like the classics, go to Carnegie Hall; if you don't, go to
Branson"....r