Copenhagen

Old March 4th, 2011, 08:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

Default Copenhagen

Now that the cruise that we are taking is getting closer, I would like to
start making plans concerning our visit in Copenhagen after it ends there.
Can anyone recommend any good restaurants? Ones in which you have actually
dined? We are staying three days at the Radisson Blu in Copenhagen.

TIA,
--Jean

Old March 4th, 2011, 10:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
PeterL

Ask your question at chowhound.com.
Old March 5th, 2011, 07:22 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"PeterL" wrote in message
On Mar 4, 12:53 pm, "Jean O'Boyle" wrote:
Now that the cruise that we are taking is getting closer, I would like to
start making plans concerning our visit in Copenhagen after it ends there.
Can anyone recommend any good restaurants? Ones in which you have actually
dined? We are staying three days at the Radisson Blu in Copenhagen.

TIA,
--Jean

Ask your question at chowhound.com.

Went there...nothing about Copenhagen...Was hoping to hear from some one who
lives there and would have personal experience.

--Jean

Old March 6th, 2011, 12:39 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Smith

On 04/03/2011 3:53 PM, Jean O'Boyle wrote:
Now that the cruise that we are taking is getting closer, I would like to
start making plans concerning our visit in Copenhagen after it ends there.
Can anyone recommend any good restaurants? Ones in which you have actually
dined? We are staying three days at the Radisson Blu in Copenhagen.

Thee are lots of interesting places in Nyhaven. The last time we were
there (three years ago) we had incredible lunch at the Kommodor sp? in
Nyhaven. We had the Nyhaven platter,a selection of 5 types of smorsbrot.
We liked it so much that when we were back that way at dinner time and
cruised the area looking at menus we ended up at the same place and had
wonderful dinners.
Old March 6th, 2011, 05:39 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
On 04/03/2011 3:53 PM, Jean O'Boyle wrote:
Now that the cruise that we are taking is getting closer, I would like to
start making plans concerning our visit in Copenhagen after it ends
there.
Can anyone recommend any good restaurants? Ones in which you have
actually
dined? We are staying three days at the Radisson Blu in Copenhagen.

Thee are lots of interesting places in Nyhaven. The last time we were
there (three years ago) we had incredible lunch at the Kommodor sp? in
Nyhaven. We had the Nyhaven platter,a selection of 5 types of smorsbrot.
We liked it so much that when we were back that way at dinner time and
cruised the area looking at menus we ended up at the same place and had
wonderful dinners.

Thanks, Dave for your recommendation...may I ask what smorsbrot is?

--Jean

Old March 6th, 2011, 07:04 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge 128

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sm%C3%B8rrebr%C3%B8d
Google would gave helped if spellt correctly.

Old March 6th, 2011, 05:12 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On Sun, 6 Mar 2011 08:04:09 +0100, Runge 128 wrote:

Google would gave helped if spellt correctly.

Another Rungeism!
Old March 6th, 2011, 05:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jean O'Boyle[_3_]

"Runge 128" wrote in message
r...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sm%C3%B8rrebr%C3%B8d
Google would gave helped if spellt correctly.

Thank you! I got this link while there and it helped very much!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJbMtBoe2kI

--Jean

Old March 6th, 2011, 11:30 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Smith

On 06/03/2011 12:39 AM, Jean O'Boyle wrote:

Thee are lots of interesting places in Nyhaven. The last time we were
there (three years ago) we had incredible lunch at the Kommodorsp? in
Nyhaven. We had the Nyhaven platter,a selection of 5 types of smorsbrot.
We liked it so much that when we were back that way at dinner time and
cruised the area looking at menus we ended up at the same place and had
wonderful dinners.

Thanks, Dave for your recommendation...may I ask what smorsbrot is?

It is typical Danish lunch fare, open faced sandwichs, a slice of
buttered dark brad with toppings. The Nyhaven Platter was a basket of
bread and a plate with five different toppings, herring, smoked salmon,
fish fillet, roast beef, cheese. They are usually eaten fish, then meat
then cheese.