resorts with best childrens program

Old April 29th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Myron Hanch

Default resorts with best childrens program

I am looking for recommendations for resorts with excellent childrens
programs or
with great children's play areas ... water parks, et al.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 01:07 AM
Mike B.

In my research for our trip in March, I had selected Club Med Ixtapa
as the best kids programs, based on advertising and on family reviews.
However, since I have 4 kids and we would have needed two rooms,
we could not afford it, so we went to Chichen Itza (Valladolid) and
Playa del Carmen instead.
I will follow other people's reviews to this thread with interest.

Old May 4th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Myron Hanch

Hi Mike, I would like to find out the name of the resort or hotel in Playa
Del Carmen that you stayed at
and if it was over all fine.

thank you

Myron

Old May 5th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Mike B.

We stayed in a very nice quiet hotel, Maya Bric, associated with the
Tank Ha Dive Center. It is right on 5th Avenue between 8th and 10th
Streets. Rooms were $45 to $55 depending on if you wanted air conditioning.
All rooms are on a nice courtyard with a small pool and a nice sitting area.
A short half block walk to the beach. The only negative was parking
since 5th Avenue is open to vehicles only in the morning, although you
can get TO the hotel at other times, just don't plan to go in and out.
I usually left our rental car one block north on 10th Avenue. I'll send
a couple photos.