visit to london uk

Old February 21st, 2004, 12:47 PM
dor zaf

Default visit to london uk

Subject: לונדון 2003 ENGLISH

I had a great vacation at the UK
I spent 15 days 14 nights in the uk.

drank lots of pints of beer .usually grolsch........
met friends
museums
watch tele
read papers
thought a lot
walked much
much tube (no accidents.....)
some burgers
some pizza
some resturants(the ones I could afford.....)
some english breakfasts
some puddings.....

2 fringe plays
1 experimental young theatre at the" bite" at the barbican
1 rock concert
2 theatre platforms /talks
2 plays at the national theatre
2 west end shows
1 shakespeare play . three- and- a- half-hours .
2 football games on tele
1 west end ( arthur miller) play

here is the full report by our correspondant :

2 football games on tele -why on tele-in pubs in london
one was between england and turky .in turky.that is the first good
reason .and the last.
the pub was full of turkish.when beckham missed the penalty the
cieling went off.
the other one was between arsenal and chelsea.no tickets.I stood
outside a pub in stamford bridge ,the stadium of chelsea.the game took
place in the sta.of arsenal.
there were no tickets to t h e p u b !!so I drank the beer
outside.

2 fringe plays

gob
one of edinborough successes.
two street poets go to show the south bank people that they also have
art.
great

airsick
new briliant young brave play about life of 30 something people
nowdays
beautifuly acted written and performed.

1 rock concert

super furry animals (SFA)from wales.

love their music.combines everything.

1 experimental young theatre at the" bite" at the barbican

from ridiculusmos group called

ideas men

people sitting in an office trying to be creative and competitive
fantastic !!!

2 theatre platforms /talks

at the NT :

one with Richard Eyre who was the NT manager 1987-1996 and wrote a
book about that period.

second about adopting materials to the stage.based on "his girl friday
"which was adopted from a play to a holywood movie and again to the
stage .with john caird and terry johnson

both were very very very intresting and amusing

2 plays at the national theatre

jumpers by tom stoppard with simon russel beale at the main roll

I could not understand what was the whole thing about.......
stoppard is too complicate for me......... and my
english.............

his girl friday

fantastic satirical comedy about the world of journalizm.("I do not
care what hitler does to poland just give me a good headline which can
sell")

2 west end shows

the RSC (reduced shakespeare company) about

the bible in 90 minutes. the old and the new testiment in brief

too commercial too studential not too funny.

jerry springer the opera

briliant idea became a too long sketch. but built as a solid steel hit
for many years to come in the WE and new york and amsterdam and
sydney....Talkyo (tokio)...............paris
..............etc.etc......

1 shakespeare three- and- a- half-hours tragedy

cymbline

in the swan theatre in stratford .one of the not very known plays of
willie.
briliant performance !!!!

1 west end arthur miller play

the price

no doubt it was the best of my vacation.
not of millers' best plays ,but a very good one.
great direction ,acting ,stage.everything.
a story of two brothers who meet after many years of seperation when
they come to their childhood appartment to sell the whole furniture
to an old, very old, (90) jewish salesman (yes....yes... s a l e s m
a n ...miller...).
much to think about after seeng the play .
the jewel in the crown is the performance of the veteran actor
Warren Mitchel as the salesman.
a performance of "once in a life time" as somebody wrote about it.....
great.great.
die for a ticket.
go with your brothers to see it I say.well I have only sisters
but......it goes the same......

to rest of the "vacation" (if that is the way I spend a so called
"vacation" imagin how daily life is for my tempo........)
I spent 4 days in the famous English country to see some real English
people "out of the city of
london" (chiltington near haywards heath +shrewsbury+ludlow+stratford
upon avon)

that is all this year.

Dor Zaf

Dor Zaf

Old May 5th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Rachelskin80 Rachelskin80 is offline
Member

Location: London

Oh man, this is exactly the kind of encouragement people need to visit England! I'm happy you enjoyed it. If you want to come again via home exchange, here's my central London house http://www.homeforhome.com/casa/chiswick-102.html

Btw dude, it's spelt "Edinburgh" ;-) People always struggle with that one.