Bangkok temples

Old April 7th, 2004, 03:05 PM
chilly

Default Bangkok temples

I've only got 2 days to maximize my time and share that time with shopping.
Please tell me what are the best/most important 3 temples that I just
shouldn't miss. TIA

Also, I realize that my legs must be covered, so I will wear a long sarong.
However, I also heard that my heels must be covered. Is this correct? Do I
need closed healed shoes, as in can't wear my Tivas?

Old April 7th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Iceman

"chilly" wrote in message news:zUTcc.44592$Ig.33587@pd7tw2no...
I've only got 2 days to maximize my time and share that time with shopping.
Please tell me what are the best/most important 3 temples that I just
shouldn't miss. TIA

Wat Pha Krew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha)
Wat Po
Wat Traimit
Old April 7th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Jarema

Uzytkownik "Iceman" napisal w wiadomosci
m...
"chilly" wrote in message

I've only got 2 days to maximize my time and share that time with

shopping.
Please tell me what are the best/most important 3 temples that I just
shouldn't miss. TIA

Wat Pha Krew (Temple of the Emerald Buddha)
Wat Po
Wat Traimit

I agree. An you shoul be able to do all of them in one day (as well as Grand
Tample in which Wat Phra Kaew is) and China Town (where Wat Traimit- Golden
Budda is). It is good idea to start sighseeing in Grand Palace and Wat Phra
Kaew than go to Wat Pho (or Wat Po) than, using Express Boat- go to China
Twon and see Wat Traimit. By cruising in Express Boat you will see another
"Bangkok must seen"- Wat Arun (Tample of Down). It won't be as grat
experience as visiting it during sundown or by night but enought. I am sure
that it is not necessary to entering into it.

Best Regards
Michal

Old April 7th, 2004, 09:48 PM
ju_traveler

"chilly" wrote in message news:zUTcc.44592$Ig.33587@pd7tw2no...
I've only got 2 days to maximize my time and share that time with shopping.
Please tell me what are the best/most important 3 temples that I just
shouldn't miss. TIA

Also, I realize that my legs must be covered, so I will wear a long sarong.
However, I also heard that my heels must be covered. Is this correct? Do I
need closed healed shoes, as in can't wear my Tivas?

You are quite correct - foreign travellers must ensure that they show
respect by covering their legs, shoulders and the back of their heels.
You should be ok in a pair of Tevas - I had no problems wearing mine
last month. The only type of foot wear that is banned (unless you are
a local) is the "flip Flop" or thong.

I am some what wat'ed out with Bangkok Wats but would recommend
visiting the Grand palace and wat phra Kaew and also Wat Pho - I'm not
sure given the fact you only have 2 days that I would bother with any
of the others but if pushed would include Wat Saket

Enjoy Bangkok
Old April 8th, 2004, 12:03 AM
NYCutler

The Erawan Shrine is nice too... Lots of Thai Dancers performing all day long
and hindu shrine. Incense everywhere...

Also, we enjoyed Wat Rajanada... It was quiet and the monks invited us in when
they chanted....It was very cool.

Visit Khao San Road for a East meets West experience.

Enjoy