Anyway to get airfare to Maui down?

Old March 7th, 2008, 12:36 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
k[_1_]

Default Anyway to get airfare to Maui down?

wrote in message
My girlfriend and her two kids want to go to Maui early
July and stay for one week.

Her parents will be over there and have a condo
available so my girlfriend will NOT need to pay for
living space.

However, checking airfares right now, it appears the
going rate from St Louis Missouri to Maui is abt $800
per person.... or $2400 for all three of them..ouch!!

We live abt two hrs north of St Louis and four hrs
south of Chicago in Hannibal Missouri.

Anyway out of box ways to get this airfare down some?

Have a look at bookingbuddy.com. They don't sell flights directly, but you
can put in the information once, and they send it to a multitude of sites -
all the biggies and some new ones most days. It really saves typing, and it
helps to have a pc with sufficient memory to open a bunch of windows.

Another tip is to go to the website in Hawaii and see who flies there. I
would think that flights into Hawaii stop in Honolulu, but maybe not.
Still, a lot of airlines aren't picked up by Expedia, Orbitz, etc. I don't
know if Jet Blue goes to Hawaii yet, but they have some pretty spectacular
prices sometimes.

good luck, but I see weeklong pkgs with air and hotel from NYC for that same
$800 and less, so you should be able to save.

Keith