Travel insurance suggestions for unusual circumstance

Old October 16th, 2003, 07:14 PM
Charles Alexander

Default Travel insurance suggestions for unusual circumstance

I live in the US as a permanent resident. I'm the holder of a
Malaysian passport. I recently had to have my passport renewed and
thus had to ship it overseas to my home country. I'd like to travel
home at the end of November. As of this writing, I have a 50-50
chance of getting the passport back in time.

It's getting pretty close to my intended travel date and I'd like to
start making booking arrangements. Is there any kind of ticket or
insurance I can buy that would enable me to a) recover my cost and/or
b) reschedule my trip at a later date, if I can't make the trip ?

My travel agent doesn't think there is any other option short of
buying an unrestricted ticket.

Thanks much,

Charles
Old October 17th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Mikko Peltoniemi

david wrote:

Has the OP contacted his Embassy/Consulate to see if they could
provide alternative travel documents? Most Embassies can provide some
kind of emergency passport for stranded travellers in as little as two
hours ...

But in such cases aren't the old passports automatically invalidated?

--
Mikko Peltoniemi; Film & Video Editor, Avid Technician
Thank you and goodbye.