lisbon for 4 days

Old March 7th, 2004, 11:22 AM
..:: tom parle ::..

Default lisbon for 4 days

I am thinking of travelling to Lisbon for 4 days. I would like to see the
city centre, but would also like to spend a day at a nearby beach,
preferably a quiet one. I am travelling at the start of April... can anyone
recommend a beach/beach town that is in easy reach from Lisbon by bus/train
for a day trip??

Thanks,

Tom

Old March 7th, 2004, 01:28 PM
szozu

"..:: tom parle ::.." wrote in message
news
I am thinking of travelling to Lisbon for 4 days. I would like to see the
city centre, but would also like to spend a day at a nearby beach,
preferably a quiet one. I am travelling at the start of April... can
anyone
recommend a beach/beach town that is in easy reach from Lisbon by

bus/train
for a day trip??

It will probably be too cold to go to the beach on the western coast of
Portugal in April, unless you just want to walk around. And it rains a lot
during that month.

Lana

Old March 7th, 2004, 02:50 PM
Leland Windreich

There is a 30-minute local electric train ride to Cascais which you can get
at the Cais do Sodre station on the Lisbon waterfront. There are several
nice beaches en route including Monte Estoril, the penultimate stop before
Cascais. Lots of restaurants on the beaches, and trains to and from Lisbon
are frequent. You can walk between communities and pick a quiet spot.

news

Old March 12th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Ze Bastos

Maybe this is the best choice, because Estoril and Cascais are pretty to see
too and easy to get. You migth get lucky if the wether is good (most likely
it won't) but if you do, avoid going during the weekend, because beaches
will be more croweded.

"Leland Windreich" escreveu na mensagem
There is a 30-minute local electric train ride to Cascais which you can

get
at the Cais do Sodre station on the Lisbon waterfront. There are several
nice beaches en route including Monte Estoril, the penultimate stop before
Cascais. Lots of restaurants on the beaches, and trains to and from

Lisbon
are frequent. You can walk between communities and pick a quiet spot.

news