Avoiding Hassle from Men in Cairo

Old November 3rd, 2007, 09:44 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
[email protected]

Default Avoiding Hassle from Men in Cairo

My wife has blue eyes, blonde hair, and is awful easy on the eyes.
Everything we have read says that the men in Cairo can be rather
vulger to females, even while they are with their male counterparts.
We were wondering if it would help if my wife wore a head scarf. She
is already planning on wearing long sleeves and pants. Is a head
scarf scrictly for muslims, or is it acceptable for anyone to wear
one? Any help would be greatly appreicated.

Old November 4th, 2007, 07:25 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Lou

--

schreef in bericht
ups.com...
My wife has blue eyes, blonde hair, and is awful easy on the eyes.
Everything we have read says that the men in Cairo can be rather
vulger to females, even while they are with their male counterparts.
We were wondering if it would help if my wife wore a head scarf. She
is already planning on wearing long sleeves and pants. Is a head
scarf scrictly for muslims, or is it acceptable for anyone to wear
one? Any help would be greatly appreicated.

We stayed for about 6 days at Cairo. Even my wife has blond hair, blue eyes
etc.
During that time we never had problems with men you mentioned, they were
very polited and of coarse some will look at her but so what?
About clothing the following. Don't let her use short pants or short skirts
and use a scarf only when visiting a mosque.
It is a very nice interesting but also a dirty city (air pollution)
Have a nice vacation!
Lou
Human, wildlife & nature photographer
http://www.homepages.hetnet.nl/~louine