Copenhagen airport hotels (Kastrup) - Bel Air and Zleep - location and quality?

Old January 15th, 2004, 06:07 AM
Traveler

Default Copenhagen airport hotels (Kastrup) - Bel Air and Zleep - location and quality?

If I go back to Copenhagen this year, I have to once again consider how to
get around the usual high prices.
The Octopus Travel site has good prices on these two airport hotels, both of
which are rated as two star. (At least the prices are good when I access
them via either the EasyJet or Ryanair interface.)

BEL AIR
LOJTEGARDSVEJ 99
2770 KASTRUP

ZLEEP AIRPORT
ENGLANSVEJ 333
DK-2770
KASTRUP

I prefer to stay in the center, of course, like I did last year,
but if no good price were available, I'd consider these options.

The Zleep one seems to be 15 minutes from the Orestm metro and 1
km from the Taarnby station and 2 minutes from the bus. Would this be fairly
reasonable for access to Copenhagen?

The Bel Air one seems to be 2 km from the Taarnby station and no
mention is made of proximity to bus or metro. Does anyone know if there are
good commuting options for this hotel?

Traveler

Old January 15th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Kristian

"Traveler" wrote:
As far the Zleep Airport hotel is concerned its fairly easy to
commute to the centre. The Taarnby station along with a shopping mall
is only a couple of minutes away on foot. The trains that stop there,
are connecting the city with the airport (and on to destinations in
Sweden). Its a 10 min ride to Copenhagen main train station, and there
are connections every 20 mins throughout the day and night. If you
like you can transfer from the train to the metro at Orestad - the
next station from Taarnby. And its a very nice ride too on the metro.
The Bel Air is not that far away - I`d say about 15 mins on foot
from Taarnby. But there are also busses running there,and close to the
Bel Air as well, but they are of course slower and not as convenient
as the train/ metro.
Transport wise you might look into bying a 3-zone (yellow)
"klippekort" - price 145kr for 10 trips.

Kristian
-----------------

Old January 16th, 2004, 04:59 AM
Traveler

Thanks for your answer - you are always helpful when it comes to Copenhagen
.

The rates via the Ryanair and EasyJet hotel links are about 34-40 pounds per
night for a twin hotel room with breakfast. So there is a definite price
incentive for these places.

I still have an unused klippekort from last year, as my son accidentally
bought two.

Traveler

"Kristian" wrote in message
t2net.dk...

Old January 16th, 2004, 05:49 AM
Kristian

"Traveler" wrote:
Thanks for your answer - you are always helpful when it comes to Copenhagen
.
The rates via the Ryanair and EasyJet hotel links are about 34-40 pounds per
night for a twin hotel room with breakfast. So there is a definite price
incentive for these places.
I still have an unused klippekort from last year, as my son accidentally
bought two.
Traveler

The blue 2-zone klippekort you have left over from last year, will
be valid for travel in 4-zones (1.5 hours) when you punch it twice.
By the way, if you decide to stay in this part of town , take the
short trip down to the south end of the island to the village of
Dragoer. From Taarnby it is a 20 min ride on the 350S bus.
Read more about it at:
http://www.dragoer-information.dk/

Kristian