Captain Stubing's Daughter to Tie the Knot!

Old December 2nd, 2003, 01:32 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Captain Stubing's Daughter to Tie the Knot!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Princess and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Actress Who ``Grew Up'' on ``the Love Boat'' to Get Married Onboard
Caribbean Princess

"Captain Stubing's" TV Daughter, Jill Whelan, to Tie the Knot During
Ship's Inaugural Festivities

SANTA CLARITA, CA Dec. 2, 2003
In true "Love Boat" fashion, Princess will celebrate the launch of its
largest vessel, Caribbean Princess, with a very special occasion --
the wedding of "The Love Boat" TV star Jill Whelan to fiance Michael
Chaykowsky.

Whelan, who for nine seasons played "Captain Stubing's" daughter,
"Vicki," on the iconic television show, has invited her TV father
Gavin MacLeod as well as other members of the "Love Boat" cast to be
among the guests who will help celebrate her special day.

The wedding will take place on April 2, prior to the ship's first
Caribbean cruise from Ft. Lauderdale. As with many Princess weddings,
the nuptials will also be broadcast by the ship's Bridge Cam so that
friends, family and fans at home can follow the festivities on
Princess' website, www.princess.com.

"Because the Love Boat was such an important part of our company's
early history, the show's cast members are in many ways part of the
Princess family," said Dean Brown, Princess' executive vice president
of customer service and sales. "We're delighted that Jill has chosen
to share her happy day with us and to demonstrate just how integral
romance is to our 'Love Boats' in the Caribbean."

Whelan's special ceremony will be one of the more than 1,000 weddings
that have taken place aboard Princess ships since 1998 when the line
introduced the industry's only wedding at sea program where couples
can be married by the captain. The most extensive wedding program
offered by a cruise line, Princess' "Tie the Knot" program also
features ceremonies aboard the ship in port and ashore in many of the
ships' romantic ports of call.

After the ceremony the bride and groom will spend their honeymoon
aboard Caribbean Princess' inaugural Western Caribbean voyage.

"Some of the best memories I have came from being a part of that
show," said Whelan, who was a member of the 'Love Boat' cast from the
age of 11 to 19. "My job was as part of an ensemble of actors who
dealt with the issues of romance week in and week out. It therefore
seems rather fitting that I should return to a Love Boat for one of
the most important and romantic points in my life."

Although best known for her role on "The Love Boat," Jill Whelan's
career spans not only years of performing, but experience as a
production coordinator of live events, news writer/producer, jewelry
designer and mother. The northern California native began performing
in local productions at age seven, and by nine had appeared in a
number of commercials and landed a starring role on a show called
"Friends" produced by Aaron Spelling. Although short-lived, that show
led to her role in another Spelling production, as "Vicki" on "The
Love Boat." Since then, Whelan has not only continued performing, but
has attended college in England, worked as a production coordinator at
Madison Square Garden, produced and written news for a prestigious
investigative unit of a Los Angeles television station, and recently
began selling her own popular line of jewelry. Whelan met her fiance
Michael when he was director of operations at Madison Square Garden.
He is now director of facilities for a private school, and the two
currently live on the east coast with their two sons.

Whelan will be inviting dozens of friends and family to join her for
her special day, and they will all get a sneak preview of Caribbean
Princess prior to the ship's maiden voyage. The new vessel, which at
116,000 tons will become the largest ship in the Princess fleet, has
been specially designed for Caribbean cruising and features many
special touches perfect for island cruising. Among the brand-new
features, "Movies Under the Stars" will offer a splashy way for
passengers to enjoy the latest movies as they relax on deck. Shown on
a giant 300-square-foot, Times Square-style LED screen built into the
vessel's superstructure above the mid-ship pool, broadcasts will also
include special sports events and will be used for the Caribbean
island night parties held during every cruise.

Other features aboard the 3,100-passenger vessel include new
Caribbean-themed dining options, plus Princess' trademark Italian
trattoria, Princess' now-renowned Lotus Spa, four pools, three
separate show lounges, an Internet cafe, and nearly 900 cabins with
balconies, more than on any other cruise ship.

Caribbean Princess will begin her inaugural Caribbean season on April
3, 2004 with a Western Caribbean sailing featuring some of the area's
most popular ports -- Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios (or Montego Bay),
Cozumel and Princess Cays, the line's private island in the Bahamas.
Ports for the alternating Eastern Caribbean itinerary are St. Thomas,
St. Maarten and Princess Cays. Both itineraries sail roundtrip from
Fort Lauderdale.

One of the best-known names in North American cruising, Princess
Cruises is a global cruise and tour company. Part of Carnival
Corporation and plc (NYSE: CCL and CUK), its current fleet of 11 ships
sail on approximately 150 different itineraries around the globe,
calling at more than 260 ports on all seven continents. By 2006 a
further four ships will be introduced. Additional information is
available through a professional travel agent.

Princess Cruises is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines.
Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland
America, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar Cruises and The Yachts
of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a commitment
to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of
lifestyles and budgets. Together we offer exciting and enriching
cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations.