"Daughter" Grows Up To Become Godmother!

Old February 12th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default "Daughter" Grows Up To Become Godmother!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Princess and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Love Boat `Daughter' Grows Up To Become Love Boat Godmother When She
Christens Caribbean Princess

Actress Jill Whelan (a.k.a. Vicki Stubing), First Ever Christener To
"Tie The Knot," Then "Break The Bottle" For A New Cruise Ship

SANTA CLARITA, CA Feb. 12, 2004
Jill Whelan spent nine seasons as Captain Stubing's daughter Vicki,
growing up on the hit television show the "Love Boat." Now she returns
to become a "godmother" by christening Princess Cruises' newest "Love
Boat," the Caribbean Princess, at an official naming ceremony in Ft.
Lauderdale, Florida on April 2.

In addition to becoming godmother on the day, she'll also be the first
christener to become a bride when she marries fiance Michael
Chaykowsky onboard the new ship. The unprecedented wedding and
christening will take place on April 2, prior to the ship's inaugural
Caribbean cruise on April 3. Whelan has invited her "Love Boat" family
to join in the festivities with Gavin MacLeod (Captain Stubing), Ted
Lange (Isaac) and Bernie Kopell (Doc) attending. Landlocked family,
friends and fans interested in following the ship's christening and
wedding festivities can log on to Princess' website, www.princess.com,
to watch the event broadcast live from the ship's "Wed Cam," a feature
only available from Princess Cruises.

"As a member of the 'Love Boat' cast, I was of course surrounded by
love and romance every episode and cannot imagine a more fitting place
to marry my 'prince,' Michael," said Whelan. "The chance to also serve
as godmother of Caribbean Princess, Princess' newest 'Love Boat,'
makes it that much more special. I'm ecstatic about both events."

Following the ceremony, Whelan and her groom, who met while both
working in New York City several years ago, will set sail on a
romantic honeymoon Caribbean cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess on
its inaugural voyage. The newlyweds will stay in one of Princess'
luxurious suites with a private balcony, one of 900 aboard the
amenity-filled ship, that also boasts the luxurious Lotus Spa, and
"Movies Under the Stars," a brand new offering that allows passengers
to see the latest movies while relaxing on the deck or while in the
pool.

"It's fitting that Jill Whelan, a member of the 'Love Boat' TV series
that helped popularize cruise vacations, will be christening the new
Caribbean Princess, an introduction that marks our expanding presence
in the Caribbean, the most popular cruise destination in the world,"
said Alan Buckelew, Princess' president. "What better way to reflect
the romance of the Caribbean then to have Jill not only officially
name Caribbean Princess but also marry and honeymoon aboard the ship,
an increasingly popular way for couples to begin their lives
together."

The Caribbean Princess will provide a romantic venue for couples who
want to experience love and romance at sea. More than 1,000 weddings
have taken place aboard Princess ships since 1998 when the line
introduced "Tie the Knot," the only at-sea wedding program where
couples can be married by the captain in international waters. Other
features aboard the 116,000-ton, 3,100-passenger Caribbean Princess,
the largest ship in the Princess fleet, include the cruise line's
trademark Italian trattoria, as well as new Caribbean-themed dining
options, three separate show lounges, an Internet cafe and four pools.

Caribbean Princess will sail roundtrip from Ft. Lauderdale on a
Western Caribbean itinerary with calls at Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios (or
Montego Bay), Cozumel and Princess Cays, Princess' private island in
the Bahamas. It has an alternating Eastern Caribbean itinerary with
stops in St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Princess Cays.

One of the best-known names in North American cruising, Princess
Cruises is a global cruise and tour company. Part of Carnival
Corporation & plc (NYSE: CCL and CUK), its current fleet of 12 ships
sail on approximately 150 different itineraries around the globe,
calling at more than 260 ports on all seven continents. By 2006 a
further three ships will be introduced. Additional information is
available through a professional travel agent.

Old February 12th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

Love Boat `Daughter' Grows Up To Become Love Boat Godmother When She
Christens Caribbean Princess

Actress Jill Whelan (a.k.a. Vicki Stubing), First Ever Christener To
"Tie The Knot," Then "Break The Bottle" For A New Cruise Ship

Neat, Ray! That is touching ~~another Love Boat to look forward to!

--Jean

Old February 12th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Tobie Gerbrandt

Hi Jean,

It was really nice having you and Ed join our table on the GGC. We're now
safely back home, and the dishes are piling up, waiting for Gerry McGuire to
clear them. After we left his tip he just quit doing his job. ;-)

I wonder if Jill Whelan will be sporting a good "Catholic Hairdo" for her
wedding on the Caribbean Princess.

Tobieon anIsland in the Pacific

y.com...

Old February 12th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Jean O'Boyle

"Tobie Gerbrandt" wrote in message
newsQOWb.470881$JQ1.155519@pd7tw1no...
Hi Jean,

It was really nice having you and Ed join our table on the GGC. We're now
safely back home, and the dishes are piling up, waiting for Gerry McGuire

clear them. After we left his tip he just quit doing his job. ;-)

I wonder if Jill Whelan will be sporting a good "Catholic Hairdo" for her
wedding on the Caribbean Princess.

Tobieon anIsland in the Pacific

Hi Tobie!
It was great finally meeting you and Barb and enjoying all our laughs
together! We must have over tipped the staff and they are off spending
the money as I have had to do my own cooking, too! ;-D They deserved every
bit we gave them. They really were good to us.

Well, Tobie, since I wore my hair two different ways, we may have to send
Jill some photos to help her decide! LOL!

--Jean

Old February 13th, 2004, 02:22 AM
Surfer E2468

Wonder if they will have their child at the wedding?