5 Day Bermuda Cruise...

Old August 17th, 2006, 12:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Paul Krause

Default R:luggage on Crown Princess

In article ,
"Jean O'Boyle" wrote:

"Paul Krause" wrote in message
news
Jean

Yes, if you opt for express checkout you carry ALL your own luggage off
as soon as the ship clears immigration, which for our cruise was
7:45 A.M. They make it clear that you will not get any help from crew
or porters.

They will leave a letter in your stateroom explaining it on either the
3rd or 4th day of the cruise and you must sign up to do this several
days before disembarking.

Paul

Thanks for the quick reply, Paul..
Guess it will depend on how little luggage we can take and still be able to
get in all that we need for 12 days..so it will not make it too difficult.
Did you notice if many people took advantage of this option?

--Jean

Didn't seem like many did. A nine night cruise requires too much luggage
for many to do this

Paul
Old August 17th, 2006, 02:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Jeff wrote:
Jean O'Boyle wrote:

"Paul Krause" wrote in message
news.e.krause- We did that cruise last year and they had lobster
the night we were

docked in Bermuda

Paul

Paul,
Sorry to change the subject line to get your attention, but when you
were on the Crown Princess, you mentioned something about those
disembarking carrying their luggage...Does that mean that you do not
put out any of your luggage on the night before disembarkation? In
otherwards, when you disembark taking all of your luggage, you can get
off the ship earlier? It is important for me to know as we have a
11:45 am return flight from LaGuardia and now with the longer lines at
airports, we are concerned about catching our flight on time.
Thanks,
--Jean

That's a good question Jean, although on a Sunday on Labor Day weekend I
think LaGuardia would be just fine! Shouldn't be much in the way of
lines I think.

Jeff, I agree that the day we get off the ship, traffic to the airport
and lines at the airport should not be a problem. Most people who are
traveling that long weekend, will not be on the road untill monday.

sue
Old August 17th, 2006, 02:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RICK DAVIS

LaGuardia on Sundays are very nice for traveling. The airport is very
quiet. Even getting to the airport will be a breeze. You will see very
little traffic on the roads early in the morning.

I will be at my beach house in South Carolina when you sail past. I
will wave to you all from the beach.

Old August 17th, 2006, 06:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"Jeff" wrote in message
That's a good question Jean, although on a Sunday on Labor Day weekend I
think LaGuardia would be just fine! Shouldn't be much in the way of lines
I think.

That's what we are hoping, Jeff...Being Labor Day weekend, I think most will
have traveled leaving Friday night or Saturday and will not be returning
until sometime Monday.

--Jean

Old August 17th, 2006, 06:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jean O'Boyle

"RICK DAVIS" wrote in message
LaGuardia on Sundays are very nice for traveling. The airport is very
quiet. Even getting to the airport will be a breeze. You will see very
little traffic on the roads early in the morning.

Thanks for the encouraging words, Rick! Being a Sunday will be to our
advantage.

I will be at my beach house in South Carolina when you sail past. I
will wave to you all from the beach.

I'll be watching for your wave! ;-)

--Jean

Old August 17th, 2006, 08:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dick G[_1_]

"Jean O'Boyle" wrote in message
et...

"Jeff" wrote in message
That's a good question Jean, although on a Sunday on Labor Day weekend I
think LaGuardia would be just fine! Shouldn't be much in the way of
lines I think.

That's what we are hoping, Jeff...Being Labor Day weekend, I think most
will have traveled leaving Friday night or Saturday and will not be
returning until sometime Monday.

--Jean

Jean, the ONLY long wait we ever had at an airport was at FLL the Monday
after Thanksgiving in 2004. We did curbside check-in and they claimed they
didn't have any TSA keys. When we got inside, it was sheer volume coupled
with the ineptness of the screeners.

But that is why we never book a really early flight back.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ