Tea and China in Early Spring 2008 - Help!

Old April 14th, 2007, 04:58 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Shen

Default Tea and China in Early Spring 2008 - Help!

Hello, all!
We are planning a China trip in March/April of next year and need to
do it as inexpensively as possible.
We want to go to tea growing regions, especially Fujian, LongJing
area, Hangzhou, Guangzhou and Yunnan. We are planning on flying from
Los Angeles to Hong Kong or Bejing and using a great deal of trains.
We have about 16 days.
We need tea help, hotel suggestions, cheap air travel suggestions and
anything else anyone can share.
All information is most appreciated!
Shen

Old April 14th, 2007, 05:16 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
PeterL

On Apr 14, 8:58 am, "Shen" wrote:
Hello, all!
We are planning a China trip in March/April of next year and need to
do it as inexpensively as possible.
We want to go to tea growing regions, especially Fujian, LongJing
area, Hangzhou, Guangzhou and Yunnan. We are planning on flying from
Los Angeles to Hong Kong or Bejing and using a great deal of trains.
We have about 16 days.
We need tea help, hotel suggestions, cheap air travel suggestions and
anything else anyone can share.
All information is most appreciated!
Shen

Fly to Shenzhen instead, cheaper that way. Going thru HK will add
significantly to your expenses. Buy your interior flight tickets when
you get to China.

Old April 14th, 2007, 09:32 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
TV

"PeterL" ha scritto nel messaggio
oups.com...
On Apr 14, 8:58 am, "Shen" wrote:
Hello, all!
We are planning a China trip in March/April of next year and need to
do it as inexpensively as possible.
We want to go to tea growing regions, especially Fujian, LongJing
area, Hangzhou, Guangzhou and Yunnan. We are planning on flying from
Los Angeles to Hong Kong or Bejing and using a great deal of trains.
We have about 16 days.
We need tea help, hotel suggestions, cheap air travel suggestions and
anything else anyone can share.
All information is most appreciated!
Shen

Fly to Shenzhen instead, cheaper that way. Going thru HK will add
significantly to your expenses. Buy your interior flight tickets when
you get to China.

Right. Look if the price for Guanghzhou (Canton) is cheaper than the one for
Shenzhen.
Some links and infos for your next trip in China:

http://www.travelers24.com/travel_ti...r_to_china.php
http://www.travelers24.com/the_lowdo...ina_travel.php
http://www.travelers24.com/china_travel_tips.php
http://www.travelers24.com/traveling...gs_to_know.php
http://www.travelers24.com/tips_for_...g_in_china.php
http://www.travelers24.com/great_tip...ong_travel.php
http://www.travelers24.com/travel_shanghai_china.php
http://www.travelers24.com/chengdu_t...going_city.php

Enjoy China, is fantastic!
ciao
TV

Old April 14th, 2007, 11:26 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
[email protected]

On Apr 14, 11:58 am, "Shen" wrote:
Hello, all!
We are planning a China trip in March/April of next year and need to
do it as inexpensively as possible.
We want to go to tea growing regions, especially Fujian, LongJing
area, Hangzhou, Guangzhou and Yunnan. We are planning on flying from
Los Angeles to Hong Kong or Bejing and using a great deal of trains.
We have about 16 days.
We need tea help, hotel suggestions, cheap air travel suggestions

Korean Air and the Taiwanese EVA Air can have very good deals if you
don't mind (or want) a stopover in their respective capitals. (EVA
flies to Hong Kong and Macau, but not to mainland China) Don't buy
them from the airlines themselves unless they have a special sale -
look in the LA Times Sunday travel section for an Asia-focused travel
agent.

You might want an "open-jaw ticket", which would let you arrive in
Beijing and depart from Hong Kong - that would save you a lot of time.

How many tea growing regions do you plan to see in 16 days? That's
not a lot of time at all, especially considering the time involved in
going from place to place by train, and if you try to see a lot of
different tea plantations all over China you would have no time to see
anything else - make sure that's really what you want - instead of
say, seeing one tea plantation in depth and then exploring the many
other things and places in China. Seeing just Beijing, Shanghai,
Xian, Hong Kong/Macau, and one tea plantation would be a very busy 16
days, especially if you plan on taking trains.

Old April 17th, 2007, 12:02 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Shen

On Apr 15, 1:48 am, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article . com,
says...

Hello, all!
We are planning a China trip in March/April of next year and need to
do it as inexpensively as possible.
We want to go to tea growing regions, especially Fujian, LongJing
area, Hangzhou, Guangzhou and Yunnan. We are planning on flying from
Los Angeles to Hong Kong or Bejing and using a great deal of trains.
We have about 16 days.
We need tea help, hotel suggestions, cheap air travel suggestions and
anything else anyone can share.

16 days is not enough to visit all those places if you travel overland.
Flying between destinations is the only option, but even then you'd be
rushing a bit.

Buy the plane tickets locally in China, as you will get the discounts.
You can buy them on very short notice and still get all discounts (even
just a few hours before the flight takes off. For more information see
my China travelogues:http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Chin...es/China/2006/
--

Alfred Molonhttp://www.molon.de- Photos of Asia, Africa and Europe

Thank you, all! You've given me alot to think about!
Shen