Guest House in Bangkok?

Old September 15th, 2003, 12:05 AM
pablito

Default Guest House in Bangkok?

Hello my friends,I and my wife going in Bangkok in October for 2 or 3
days;do you know one guest house cheap(about 200-250 bath max for double
room) and clean possibility in Khao San Road?
thanks in advance
pablito

Old September 15th, 2003, 07:07 AM
Michael Christoffersen

"pablito" wrote in message
. ..
Hello my friends,I and my wife going in Bangkok in October for 2 or 3
days;do you know one guest house cheap(about 200-250 bath max for double
room) and clean possibility in Khao San Road?
thanks in advance
pablito

Hi Pablito,

I would very much recommend you not to stay in KSR but instead head for Soi
Chana Songkram next to the temple at the end of KSR.
Here it is significantly quieter, yet still close to KSR but not nearly as
crowded. I have regularly been staying at the Merry V. Guest House in this
Soi and it is within you price bracket and clean as well. Otherwise I also
found Sabai House in the same soi to be okay. They have rooms with balconys.
Best time to check in is at around 09.00 am when most guest check out.
Good luck and be prepared to sweat No AC available at 200-250 bht.

Cheers
Michael Christoffersen

Old September 16th, 2003, 02:13 PM
Steve Kramer

Bob wrote:

Just next to the Merry V is a place called My House....also a really nice
place to stay,

The Merry V and the New Merry V (on the main road) are both very
comfortable. And just around the corner is the New Siam, also a very
clean and comfortable place. There is a new place just across from the
New Siam (sorry, don't know the name) that looks VERY nice, and there is
a New Siam II now as well. I've been staying at New Siam every time I
come down to Bangkok and need to be near the river for the past 13
years. It's a three minute walk from the New Siam Guest House to a river
taxi stop, and the river taxis are the fastest, cheapest way to get
around Bangkok!

Steve Kramer
Chiang Mai, Thailand
http://www.photoenvisions.com
---
"The voyage of discovery lies not in seeking new horizons,
but in seeing with new eyes." - Marcel Proust
Old September 17th, 2003, 12:00 AM
Bob

--
Travel and Astonomy Photos
http://www3.sympatico.ca/bomo

"Michael Christoffersen" wrote in message

. ..