Sudan-Eritrea border

Old December 18th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Kajetan

Default Sudan-Eritrea border

Is it open now? I have inconsistent informations about it. I will travel
from Cairo through Wadi Halfa and then I'd like turn to Kassala and
enter Eritrea. Is it possible or I have to try going via Khartoum, Gondar,
Bahir Dar, Addis (Ethiopia) -- Djibouti, Obock (Djibouti) and then
Eritrea?

TIA

Old December 21st, 2004, 02:15 PM
Tashi

hey there, thought you might want to check out this site.
http://www.globosapiens.net/travellog/wojtekd

the man in the link has just finished travelling from Djibouti, somolia and
Eritrea. He writes some very useful tips on entering and moving about in
these countries. In many places in Eritrea you cannot go anywhere without
an escort or permits and there are also many borders closed etc.
If you want to go through the whole site, enter through my link below...
that way I'll get credit if you join...it's an awesome travel site that
might very well help you out.
--
"When one realizes that life is worthless
he either commits suicide or travels. ~ Edward Dahlberg

news

Old January 8th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Romio

I think that all land borders in Eriteria are closed, besides the one
from Djibouti.
The most recommended way is to fly from Egypt.
People consider Djibouti-Eriteria way is though long and dangerous, but
possible.
Maybe it's worth to investigate getting to Eriteria by sea.
Romio

Old January 12th, 2005, 12:04 PM
Kobayashi

Dnia 8 Jan 2005 11:15:33 -0800, Romio napisał:

I think that all land borders in Eriteria are closed, besides the one
from Djibouti.
The most recommended way is to fly from Egypt.
People consider Djibouti-Eriteria way is though long and dangerous, but
possible.
Maybe it's worth to investigate getting to Eriteria by sea.

Thanks a lot!
What's your opinion - is it possible to catch a ferry/ship from Port Said
or Port Sudan?

t:f