Travel agents for flights to JRO/DAR ....

Old February 22nd, 2005, 01:40 AM
Vijay Jhanak

Default Travel agents for flights to JRO/DAR ....

Hi ,

We were planning the logistics of going to Tanzania for a Safari. I just
called a travel agent who quoted mind blowing prices (USD 5000+) for
flights to JRO and DAR (from SFO). Are there travel agents that
specialize in booking flights to such destinations? Please let me know
if you have details on the same. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Vijay
Old February 22nd, 2005, 03:49 AM

http://dir.travelzoo.com/Air.asp?intCategory=10

US$1000-1200 is more like it.

Old February 22nd, 2005, 03:49 AM

Old February 22nd, 2005, 02:53 PM
Dave Patterson

Call Rainee or Steve at 1-866-4-cheapair.
This is an airline consolidator in Phoenix,
Discountair.com, and is 100% reliable.

Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:48 PM
Vijay Jhanak

Thanks Dave, The rates are bad in Jun,Jul and Aug. Better in the first
week of May. But, I am not sure if this is the right time to be in
Tanzania. Thanks for your help.

Vijay

Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:54 PM
Dave Patterson

I just did a quick search and found roundtrip
seats on NW/KLM from San Francisco directly
to Kilimanjaro airport, which is the closest to
the safari stops, that should be available to you
from any consolidator for no more than $1330
including all taxes. Outbound, SFO to Detroit to
Amsterdam to Kilimanjaro. Return, Kilimanjaro
to Amsterdam to San Francisco.

I picked these dates:
leave May 5, return May 18.
It's actually a splendid time to be there. Rains
are (probably) over, the migration is still in the
western Serengeti, and lodges are lightly
visited with low season rates. It is absolutely
the best value season.
Later?
Leave May 29 return June 13 for about
$1550 p.p. all taxes included.

Problem?
Ticketing deadline is Feb. 28th.

British Airways tickets to Nairobi are sometimes
a little less, but you have an overnight at Heathrow
going over, and staying at the Hilton connected
to Terminal 4 can be pricey.