U.S. tourism may be casualty of war on terror

Old February 24th, 2005, 10:26 AM
Icono Clast

Sarah Banick wrote:
I want the newgroup readers to realize Atlanta is more than the
cultural backwater y'all were hyping. Thought it would help them
to hear it from someone who has actually spent more than a few
days (or weeks) here.

You haven't convinced me. I doubt that you've convinced anyone that
Atlanta is other than a cultural backwater of which the Head Museum
is a shining example.
A San Franciscan who's visited 49 of 50 US states
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 IClast at SFbay Net
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:07 PM
miles

Alan Street wrote:

So in other words, no. You have nothing to back up your claims.

What a suprise.

Moron.

YOu don't get it do you! You can't tell me why you disagree. Both of
us could easily show a URL to 'backs up' our claims. Does it mean a
damn thing? Hell no. It means nothing other than to show your desire
for an argument and nothing more.

You can't tell me why you disagree. What a suprise.

Ah yes, once again the leftists predictable debate tactic known as name
calling. Every single time.
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:08 PM
miles

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

I think you've just convinced residents in all 3 newsgroups that
you're full of ****. Congratulations, you are SUCCESSFUL.

No, I proved your desire to argue rather than discuss. I'm not trying
to convince anyone of anything. Why can't you leftists ever discuss
anything without the foul language? Impossible for you isn't it?
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:10 PM
miles

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:
On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:53:35 -0700, miles wrote:

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

On my other computer you were plonked. Time to put you where you
belong.

*replonk*

Any reason you must annouce you are ignoring someone? Must be for some
reason.

I suspect you have a bit of an axe to grind there. Must mean my work
is done.

Ah yes. And here is the real reason you annouce plonking. Your 'work'.
Pretty sad.
Old February 24th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Sarah Banick

You haven't convinced me. I doubt that you've convinced anyone that
Atlanta is other than a cultural backwater of which the Head Museum is a
shining example.

The Head Museum?

Old February 24th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Gregory Morrow

Sarah Banick wrote:

You haven't convinced me. I doubt that you've convinced anyone that
Atlanta is other than a cultural backwater of which the Head Museum is a
shining example.

The Head Museum?

It's that museum devoted to the art of fellatio...

--
Best
Greg

Old February 24th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Gregory Morrow

AJC wrote:

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:00:01 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net wrote:

Sarah Banick wrote:

I'm not offended that you or anyone doesn't like it here....I didn't

like
the picture this thread is painting, and I want the newgroup readers to
realize Atlanta is more than the cultural backwater y'all were hyping.

Well what "cultural" attractions does Atlanta really have? A fairly dire
art museum...the tattered old Cyclorama (diorama of the Civil War)...and

Coca - Cola "museum" where you have to pay to enter so as to be bombarded
with Coke's marketing propaganda...

You're forgetting the weird place about 15 mins walk along from Macy's
that commemorates the slave trade or something. It is full of trashy
souvenir stalls most of which seemed to be selling 'I heart Jesus tee
shirts' and other delightful fashion items. Then in one of the hotels
you can go up to the top floor and get a fabulous view of the concrete
of Atlanta, we played count the car parks! Very much the Basingstoke
of America.

You'd think that at least Atlanta would try to capitalise on _Gone With The
Wind_, but they haven't even done that. It was only a stroke of luck a
whiles back that author Margaret Mitchell's house was saved...

The South does have some interesting things to see, e.g. places like New
Orleans, Charleston, Savannah, plantations, battle sites, etc. but Atlanta
is in that singular position of having *no* redeeming attractions at
all...heck one of those roadside "alligator farms" in Florida is way more
interesting than everything in Atlanta put together...

Atlanta is one of those places that touts itself as "world class" (we had a
discussion on this recently on rec.travel.europe I think) but ends up
looking simply pathetic...

Yeah, if you fly Delta on a regular basis at all you've no choice but to
spend a few weeks out of the year in Atlanta...

It's like that old Southron folk saying: When you die in the South you

have
to transit through Atlanta airport whether you are going to heaven or
hell...

What do you mean transit to hell through ATL?

Correct. And you have to put up with those "elderly and rude" (as someone
noted on an airline quality rating site) Delta stewardesses wherever you are
going. Hell is being on a DL flight forever!

--
Best
Greg

Old February 24th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Gregory Morrow

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:54:54 GMT, "Gregory Morrow"
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net wrote:

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

And the existence of groups like Concerned Women for America sure
doesn't help.

http://www.cwfa.org/main.asp

Note their tireless obsession with try to control how people have sex.

One time I ran into one of these harridans on a flight. She asked what I
did for a living. I smiled sweetly and said, "Oh, I run a gay male

escort
service in Chicago..."*. She froze, looked aghast and actually recoiled
from my presence. She tried to move to another seat, but the flight was
packed and she had to endure my presence for the duration. For added
lagniappe I commenced reading my stash of gay magazines...

You're a poof too? My god, this ng's being taken over by you guys! If
Mixi declares he's gay, I'm leaving!

I've imagine many things but Mixi as a poof? Never!

That would be like trying to sexualise an IBM 360...

lol...

When we deplaned she FLEW out of that seat like a bat from hell. I bet

her
face is *still* stuck in that sour expression from that incident with
me...*LOL* :-)

Actually, I am now tempted to get some gay mags to use for this exact
purpose. Maybe I could leave them lying around the house for some
frail relative to find...

Gay mags can come in handy on a flight or train ride. If you don't want to
be bothered they are a good attention "deflector", especially to repel
boring "suit" types or windy boors. But if the person sitting next to you
is cool, you may end up in interesting conversation (people who are okay
with homosexuality are generally more pleasant to be around)...of course
someone may try to pick you up, too (including flight attendants) :-)

--
Best
Greg

Old February 24th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Padraig Breathnach

Sarah Banick wrote:

You haven't convinced me. I doubt that you've convinced anyone that
Atlanta is other than a cultural backwater of which the Head Museum is a
shining example.

The Head Museum?

It's that museum devoted to the art of fellatio...

That joke sucks.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old February 24th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Gregory Morrow

miles broke wind:

Alan Street wrote:

So in other words, no. You have nothing to back up your claims.

What a suprise.

Moron.

YOu don't get it do you! You can't tell me why you disagree. Both of
us could easily show a URL to 'backs up' our claims. Does it mean a
damn thing? Hell no. It means nothing other than to show your desire
for an argument and nothing more.

No, it means that you should do your *own* "homework"...didn't you take a
"library and research" skills class about the 8th grade or something...

You can't tell me why you disagree. What a suprise.

Ah yes, once again the leftists predictable debate tactic known as name
calling. Every single time.

"Sez the spider to the fly..."

--
Best