Choice of Landrover

Old March 31st, 2005, 08:21 AM
Marc Lurie

Default Choice of Landrover

Hi all,

The time has come for me to replace my ageing 200Tdi Landrover
Defender. The question is:

Do I replace it with a 300Tdi Defender or the new Td5? I'd be
especially interested in hearing from people who use Td5's in Africa.
I use my truck for a combination of work and pleasure, all over
Southern, East, and Central Africa, and the Defender Station Wagon is
the perfect design for my use.

Please, no idiotic pro-Toyota comments... I've heard them all ;-)

Regards,
Marc
Old March 31st, 2005, 02:27 PM
riverman

"Marc Lurie" wrote in message
Hi all,

The time has come for me to replace my ageing 200Tdi Landrover
Defender. The question is:

Do I replace it with a 300Tdi Defender or the new Td5? I'd be
especially interested in hearing from people who use Td5's in Africa.
I use my truck for a combination of work and pleasure, all over
Southern, East, and Central Africa, and the Defender Station Wagon is
the perfect design for my use.

Please, no idiotic pro-Toyota comments... I've heard them all ;-)

Regards,
Marc

Hey Marc:
We used a Td5 on our recent Zimbabwe/Zambia tour, and I can recomment it as
a great engine. It got very high mileage, had lots of torque, and ran like a
top. It was a new engine, of course, but I asked at a LR shop where they
were reparing a broken brake caliper what the best LR engine was, and they
universally agreed that the Td5 was the best.

--riverman

Old April 1st, 2005, 07:01 PM
Jean-Marc Liotier

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 09:21:46 +0200, Marc Lurie wrote:

Please, no idiotic pro-Toyota comments... [..]

Too bad you mention that... On reading the subject of your post I
must admit I was tempted...