Nationwide airlines experience?

Old September 23rd, 2003, 10:22 AM
Eddy le Couvreur

Default Nationwide airlines experience?

I am planning for a trip through South Africa in March. My itenerary will
probably include a flight from Durban to Port Elizabeth. Apart from SAA the
only other operator with a direct connection between these airports, I have
been able to find is NATIONWIDE. Does anyone have experience with this
airline? Are they reliable and safe?

Are there any other airlines plying this route?

Any comments welcome!

--
-------
Eddy

Old September 25th, 2003, 05:45 AM
newkiwi

Originally posted by Eddy Le Couvreur

I am planning for a trip through South Africa in March. My
itenerary will

probably include a flight from Durban to Port Elizabeth. Apart
from SAA the

only other operator with a direct connection between these
airports, I have

been able to find is NATIONWIDE. Does anyone have experience with this

airline? Are they reliable and safe?

Are there any other airlines plying this route?

Any comments welcome!

Have you tried Comair (operated by British Airways) I know they are
good. Ive never used Nationwide, so I cant say about them

--

-------

Eddy

www.couvreur.demon.nl

Old September 25th, 2003, 06:42 PM
Mikey

Used them this time last year. Durban to Jo'burg.
And the year before.
They were first class.
I understand that this year they are starting flights to Europe.

Mikey

Old September 30th, 2003, 10:54 AM
Rocco

Eddy

Nationwide is a popular airline in South Africa and you have no need for
concern. What does concern me is that the beautiful city of Cape Town is
not on your itinerary :-) Cape Town city is one of the top five holiday
destinations in the world and you are really missing something if you give
it a
skip.

Rocco

Old September 30th, 2003, 09:39 PM
Jim Ley

On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:54:02 +0200, "Rocco"
wrote:

What does concern me is that the beautiful city of Cape Town is
not on your itinerary :-) Cape Town city is one of the top five holiday
destinations in the world and you are really missing something if you give
it a

It's got a nice mountain in the middle of it, Simons Town is nearby
with some nice penguins, Newlands is a great Cricket ground, and a
nice Rugby ground, but otherwise there are lot nicer places in South
Africa...

Jim.
Old October 1st, 2003, 10:20 AM
Rocco

uh huh ? Cape Town is on the tourist map as one of THE most beautiful
cities in the world !!!
It just happens to be so !! No doubt, though, there are other parts of
South Africa which may come a close 2nd :-)

Rocco

Old October 1st, 2003, 03:33 PM
Jim Ley

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:20:13 +0200, "Rocco"
wrote:

uh huh ? Cape Town is on the tourist map as one of THE most beautiful
cities in the world !!!

I think that just shows how the "Tourist Map" isn't really objective,
or unbiassed (obviously places that people visit will be higher than
places don't, because people will talk/vote on them, and places on the
tourist map will be the ones they visit because of such assertions as
yours.

It just happens to be so !!

That would be your opinion, don't project it on other people, we all
share our opinions of places to visit, I just want the OP to be
prepared to escape Cape Town and not put all their eggs in the cape
town basket by saying - book a long term hotel.

Jim.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 07:04 PM
richard b

"Jim Ley" wrote in message
On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 11:20:13 +0200, "Rocco"
wrote:

As a weekly flyer in SA Nationwide are as good as any other airline.

uh huh ? Cape Town is on the tourist map as one of THE most beautiful
cities in the world !!!

I think that just shows how the "Tourist Map" isn't really objective,
or unbiassed (obviously places that people visit will be higher than
places don't, because people will talk/vote on them, and places on the
tourist map will be the ones they visit because of such assertions as
yours.

It just happens to be so !!

No it does not happen to be so, having traveled Africa especially South
Africa
for the last 33 years I agree totally with Jim. Cape Town is a place every
visitor to SA
should try and visit, but there are far more interesting and beutifull
places in SA even if the
tourist board doesn't promote them. The West Coast !! the Wild Coast !! the
Drakensburg
the Eastern Transvaal (sorry the old name) the Garden Route what has Cape
Town got that
these places have not. If you go to only places that the tourist maps
designate as beautifull
then you will miss out on much to be seen.

That would be your opinion, don't project it on other people, we all
share our opinions of places to visit, I just want the OP to be
prepared to escape Cape Town and not put all their eggs in the cape
town basket by saying - book a long term hotel.

Jim.

Just my 2c worth
Richard