Avoid Delta and Atlanta

Old July 3rd, 2006, 07:10 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Avoid Delta and Atlanta

"Jim Ley" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:00:05 -0500, Hilary
wrote:

As early as possible. People travelling to Australia and NZ for

Christmas
and New Year often booked the moment the dates became available,

otherwise
they lost the dates they wanted at the cheapest fares.

That makes no sense from the airlines perspective, if the fares are in
such demand, why do they offer any cheap flights?

Cash flow.

Old July 4th, 2006, 07:25 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush

Default Draconian vacation policies for US slave workers

Iceman wrote:

In France there are whole towns of people from other European countries
that have chosen to live there, and English and American schools are
commonplace. I never heard of such a thing in the US, did you?

Sure. Many major cities in the US has little Italy, German town,
Little Tokyo, and most certainly Chinatown.

How many people in "Little Italy" are new immigrants? I'll bet only a
fraction can still speak Italian!!

Little Italy in New York is a tourist trap, not a real "ethnic
neighborhood". It's just a few blocks with overpriced mediocre Italian
restaurants and cheesy T-shirt and souvenier stores. The people in
that area are mostly immigrants from China and Latin America, and
virtually no Italian-Americans live there.

It has changed since it was first called "Little Italy"
This reminds me of the "Italian Market" area of Philadelphia on 9th
Street. In the 60's, I lived on a small side street 1/2 block off 9th
(840 Montrose, where there is no longer a house).
I don't remember seeing many non-Italians there at the time. However,
today the nationalities seen in the market are quite different.
Old July 5th, 2006, 08:53 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Dave Frightens Me

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 23:23:25 -0400, Tina wrote:

Dave Frightens Me wrote:

On 27 Jun 2006 11:17:35 -0700, "PeterL" wrote:

Bailey Legull wrote:

America *is* Number One -- in hours worked
per person per week.

Well, what's the unemployment rate between these two countries?

Do you believe that is causative?

America has low unemployment due to high growth, and in fact the place
wouldn't function if it didn't keep growing.

Huh? "Wouldn't function?" What does that mean? What are you
attempting to say? Cite?

I did, but you didn't read it obviously, so I wont be repeating.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old July 15th, 2006, 08:12 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Stan de SD

"Bailey Legull" wrote in message
oups.com...
Dave Frightens Me wrote:
At least they can always pretend everyone envies them.

I'm constantly astonished by the stupidity of American workers. They
work 50-hour weeks, get two weeks paid vacation, and still cheer when
the boss tells them to. "This is the greatest country in the world!"
they yell. "We're not like those stupid French!"

All this without realizing the French work 35 hours a week, get three
weeks off per year, and take two hours off at lunch to DRINK. Yeah,
that's stupid all right. America *is* Number One -- in hours worked
per person per week.

I don't recall America having double-digit unemployment rates like France,
or having rioting foreigners burning up cars on a regular basis.

Old July 15th, 2006, 08:13 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Stan de SD

wrote in message
oups.com...

Bailey Legull wrote:
Dave Frightens Me wrote:
At least they can always pretend everyone envies them.

I'm constantly astonished by the stupidity of American workers. They
work 50-hour weeks, get two weeks paid vacation, and still cheer when
the boss tells them to. "This is the greatest country in the world!"
they yell. "We're not like those stupid French!"

All this without realizing the French work 35 hours a week, get three
weeks off per year, and take two hours off at lunch to DRINK. Yeah,
that's stupid all right. America *is* Number One -- in hours worked
per person per week.

Hang on there would be a riot if the French only got 3 weeks off.,
more like 6 weeks ( 4 weeks is eu minimium) + bank holidays .
America is a great country, but obviously full of .......... starting
with the President.
Its also got a lot of poor people, negelected by their own govenment
as the world saw in New Orleans

People are "poor" in the US because they personally neglect things like
their own education and refuse to take any initiative in their lives.

Old July 15th, 2006, 08:16 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Stan de SD

"The Reid" wrote in message
Following up to Al Czervik

All this without realizing the French work 35 hours a week, get three
weeks off per year, and take two hours off at lunch to DRINK. Yeah,
that's stupid all right. America *is* Number One -- in hours worked
per person per week.

French unemployment rate: 10%
US unemployment rate: 5%

that's part of the mentality that says US must be right because
its "richer" so lets all flog ourselves to death to own three
cars and a load of useless stuff rather than have a good work
life balance. Ultimately your competing with the Chinese with no
leave, are you looking forward to celebrating 2% unemployment and
no days off at all?
--
Mike Reid
Shetland, Yell and Unst

Nobody is forced to work as an employee in the US. People are free to start
their own businesses if they think they can do better.

Old July 15th, 2006, 08:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Stan de SD

wrote in message
oups.com...

The Reid wrote:
Following up to

Individually, Americans are
free to pursue any lifestyle.

no difference from Europe, except we may have more time to do it.

A worker can work without a vacation in France if he wishes?

Ultimately your competing with the Chinese with no
leave, are you looking forward to celebrating 2% unemployment and
no days off at all?

I'm not looking forward to high unemployment. When the government
starts telling us to work less, then we will be in trouble.

No, that's when you will start to stop being in trouble.

Focus like a laserbeam... Why are Americans in trouble because they
work hard?

We pick up the slack for crybabies in Europe when it comes to defense, and
we also have a 2000-mile border with a third world nation that floods our
country with uneducated, unskilled workers that tend to consume more in
government services than they do in taxes. Sure, some big cities such as
A'dam and Brussel have problems with Islamic immigrants, but imagine driving
for hours in your own city and finding out that there are more locals
speaking Arabic than Dutch, German, or French, have little or no education,
are in the country illegally, and bankrupt local services such as schools
and hospitals. Change the people from Arabic to Spanish speaking, and you
have a snapshot view of Los Angeles.

Old July 15th, 2006, 10:54 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,soc.culture.british,soc.culture.usa,alt.politics.bush
Mxsmanic

Stan de SD writes:

We pick up the slack for crybabies in Europe when it comes to defense ...

The US also surpasses all of Europe put together for aggression.

... and
we also have a 2000-mile border with a third world nation that floods our
country with uneducated, unskilled workers that tend to consume more in
government services than they do in taxes.

If you can spend a billion a day on foreign military aggression, and
billions per year propping up unstable governments abroad, why can't
you build a fence to keep out the hordes to the south?

Sure, some big cities such as
A'dam and Brussel have problems with Islamic immigrants, but imagine driving
for hours in your own city and finding out that there are more locals
speaking Arabic than Dutch, German, or French, have little or no education,
are in the country illegally, and bankrupt local services such as schools
and hospitals. Change the people from Arabic to Spanish speaking, and you
have a snapshot view of Los Angeles.

A lot of people have a vested interest in an underclass that speaks no
English. It's a captive audience and a ghetto of potential targets
for economic and other abuse.