Holiday/Vancouver/November

Old July 23rd, 2007, 04:21 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Matt Scott

Default Holiday/Vancouver/November

Hi all,

90% sure I'm coming over for a couple of weeks for a nice little holiday
from New Zealand. Coming over with a couple of mates (2-3) who plan on
doing a work/skiing holiday type thing, but I will be on fulltime holiday
as I already have a job :-).

Wanted to know of any good blog-type holiday touristy type informational
sites around. I've been casually nosing around for a few weeks now, found a
couple of things. I quite prefer the user reply rather than a companies
speil on things.

Hopefully this is the right group (can't really find any better ones) to
post in, apologies if it's not. So, what are some of top things I should
look at doing when I hit town? (Male, 34 blokey kinda stuff)

Cheers
Matt

Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:40 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Jul 22, 8:21 pm, "Matt Scott" wrote:
Hi all,

90% sure I'm coming over for a couple of weeks for a nice little holiday
from New Zealand. Coming over with a couple of mates (2-3) who plan on
doing a work/skiing holiday type thing, but I will be on fulltime holiday
as I already have a job :-).

Wanted to know of any good blog-type holiday touristy type informational
sites around. I've been casually nosing around for a few weeks now, found a
couple of things. I quite prefer the user reply rather than a companies
speil on things.

Hopefully this is the right group (can't really find any better ones) to
post in, apologies if it's not. So, what are some of top things I should
look at doing when I hit town? (Male, 34 blokey kinda stuff)

Cheers
Matt

er..clubing, drinking, eating, etc. If you want to ski, you need to
go up to Whistler.

Old July 24th, 2007, 02:48 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Calif Bill

"PeterL" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

There are 3 ski resorts in Vancouver itself. So do not have to go to
Whistler. Grouse Mt., Cypress, and another i can not remember. Whistler is
the nicest and a lot more upscale.

Old July 24th, 2007, 04:34 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Rudy[_1_]

Hava look at www.hellobc.com

I think you'll find that the Ski resorts aren't open yet in November

Old July 24th, 2007, 10:00 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Matt Scott

Alrighty - cheers for that!

Matt

Hava look at www.hellobc.com

I think you'll find that the Ski resorts aren't open yet in November

Old August 1st, 2007, 07:58 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Carmanah

Well, November is the bleakest month to be in Vancouver unfortunately.
The hours are short (it gets dark around 5 pm) and it's usually very
rainy. Not cold enough for snow on the mountains and generally not
ideal to be out on the water. The clouds generally block any view of
the mountains, so it's just... bleak.

However, all is not lost. It might be sunny - who's to say. You can
still do many things, but you won't be seeing Vancouver at its nicest.
Just be aware of that so you don't get disappointed at seeing a whole
lot of grey.

II was going to send you a link to Virtual Tourist, which sounds like
the kind of website you were hoping to find. It's basically a
community of traveller who write tips and pointers on their travels.

www.virtualtourist.com