Train into Manhattan

Old April 20th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Michael Gallagher

Default Train into Manhattan

Hello ....

I'm planning a trip to the New York City area next month. I plan to
stay at a hotel in Westchestery County and, when I want to go into
Manhattan, take the train in from White Plains.

The above plans are definite, so please do not argue with that
architecture. My question is, what is parking like at the White
Plains train station on a week day? Is it all taken, or will I find
a stop? Having to pay to park is not a problem.

Thanks.

Old April 20th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Brian K

On 04/20/2004 11:39 AM Michael Gallagher wrote:

Hello ....

I'm planning a trip to the New York City area next month. I plan to
stay at a hotel in Westchestery County and, when I want to go into
Manhattan, take the train in from White Plains.

The above plans are definite, so please do not argue with that
architecture. My question is, what is parking like at the White
Plains train station on a week day? Is it all taken, or will I find
a stop? Having to pay to park is not a problem.

Thanks.

White Plains is one of several "bedroom communities" of New York City.
You can safely assume that a large majority if not all of the parking
spots will be taken by 6:00 am on a week day. If the commuter lots are
anything like the ones we have in my town, a large number of spots may
be reserved near the station for cars displaying a month long commuter's
parking permit.

--
________
To email me, Edit "xt" from my email address.

Old April 20th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Larry Finch

Michael Gallagher wrote:

Hello ....

I'm planning a trip to the New York City area next month. I plan to
stay at a hotel in Westchestery County and, when I want to go into
Manhattan, take the train in from White Plains.

The above plans are definite, so please do not argue with that
architecture. My question is, what is parking like at the White
Plains train station on a week day? Is it all taken, or will I find
a stop? Having to pay to park is not a problem.

You are unlikely to be able to park at White Plains or any nearby stations. Most lots
are restricted to monthly permits, and the few that have daily spaces will be filled
up very early. Check to see if your hotel offers a shuttle to the station; mnay do.

Larry
--
Larry Finch

N 40° 53' 47"
W 74° 03' 56"

Old April 21st, 2004, 01:40 AM
Pan

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:57:01 GMT, Larry Finch
wrote:

Michael Gallagher wrote:

Hello ....

I'm planning a trip to the New York City area next month. I plan to
stay at a hotel in Westchestery County and, when I want to go into
Manhattan, take the train in from White Plains.

The above plans are definite, so please do not argue with that
architecture. My question is, what is parking like at the White
Plains train station on a week day? Is it all taken, or will I find
a stop? Having to pay to park is not a problem.

You are unlikely to be able to park at White Plains or any nearby stations. Most lots
are restricted to monthly permits, and the few that have daily spaces will be filled
up very early. Check to see if your hotel offers a shuttle to the station; mnay do.

If not, you may be able to take a Westchester County bus. Otherwise,
if you're beyond walking distance, you could always call a taxi.

White Plains to Grand Central is 30 minutes for an express train and
40 for a local.

Michael

If you would like to send a private email to me, please take out the TRASH, so to speak. Please do not email me something which you also posted.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 05:18 PM
Michael Gallagher

Hello, All ....

Thanks for the information. I will look into the shuttle service
ASAP.

Mike