Canadian using US airport for departure

Old April 21st, 2004, 04:25 PM
George

Default Canadian using US airport for departure

I live in Montreal and as thinking about going to Florida with the family. I
checked Travelocity and Expedia for prices departing from Montreal. I found
some decent prices but then a friend told me to check Burlington Vt or
Albany NY for departures. I did and the prices were considerably lower. In
fact from Albany I would save over $1000 Cdn!!! I was wondering if anybody
has done this before. Are there restrictions to this kind of thing? Is it
worth the 31/2 hour drive to Albany? Do I just park my car at the airport
for a week? Any advice would be welcome.

Also I was looking either at Clearwater or the Orlando area (Kissimmee). Any
recommendations on where to stay? We will probably only go to Magic Kingdom.
How about Daytona Beach? I am very confused about where to stay. I found
what seems like a nice place in Kissimmee called Oak Plantation Resort
(anyone have any experiences there?) at very good prices but am not sure if
I should stay near a beach or just travel to the beach (like Daytona Beach)
and stay in Kissimmee. Anyone have any experiences there? Thanks

George

Old April 21st, 2004, 05:36 PM
Frank F. Matthews

You shouldn't have any problem with Albany. Just make sure that you
find the long term parking lot. The price difference for short term
parking will be significant. There will be a shuttle to the airport. FFM

Old April 21st, 2004, 06:32 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article , "George"
wrote:

I live in Montreal and as thinking about going to Florida with the family. I
checked Travelocity and Expedia for prices departing from Montreal. I found
some decent prices but then a friend told me to check Burlington Vt or
Albany NY for departures. I did and the prices were considerably lower. In
fact from Albany I would save over $1000 Cdn!!!

I was wondering if anybody
has done this before.

Very usual in Vancouver - we can go to Seattle (and Seattlelites come ot
Vancouver for cheaper flights to Asia). Just 3 hours apart for us.
Torontonians even got o Buffalo.

Are there restrictions to this kind of thing?

As long as you can get into the U.S., no

Is it
worth the 31/2 hour drive to Albany?

If $1,000 is worth a 7-8 r/t drive for you.

Do I just park my car at the airport
for a week? Any advice would be welcome.

or off airport. Depends on the parking fees and what convenience means
to you.

Also I was looking either at Clearwater or the Orlando area (Kissimmee). Any
recommendations on where to stay? We will probably only go to Magic Kingdom.

Kissimmee looks very boring.