Wild crew behaviour could make airline cancel popular routes

Old August 27th, 2011, 06:55 PM posted to soc.culture.british,rec.travel.europe,alt.recovery.aa,alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
The world's favourite airline...

Default Wild crew behaviour could make airline cancel popular routes

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...inations.html#

Topless air hostesses and champagne pool parties 'could lead to BA
scrapping flights to lucrative destinations'

By Sam Greenhill

Last updated at 9:06 AM on 25th August 2011

British Airways bosses fear having to scrap lucrative flights because of
mounting complaints about raucous cabin crew parties at luxury hotels.

Topless air hostesses and champagne-fuelled pool parties have prompted a
flood of protests about wild behaviour.

Now BA has warned its captains to control their crews during overnight
stops - or the airline may be forced to abandon at least one route.

The problem is particularly acute on routes crewed by young recruits -
so-called 'mixed fleet' which was at the heart of the recent BA industrial
dispute.

Problems: Some BA staff are holding raucous parties at destinations such as
Nairobi and San Diego that could put the routes at risk, a source claimed

A BA source said: 'Mixed fleet crews are basically kids of 18 and 20 years
old, in their first jobs on pretty low pay, who think it's a wonderful life
staying in posh hotels.

More...
Anything to declare? Irate woman strips naked in protest after being
stopped by Customs officers at airport

'They pilfer champagne from the aircraft to drink in the crew hotels
because buying their own drinks in a five-star hotel is too expensive.

'Then they run amok, holding wild room parties and going topless in the
pool.'

Crews on long-haul flights to the Kenyan capital Nairobi have been told the
route could become 'financially unviable' unless they rein in their
behaviour.

BA flies thousands of passengers a month to Nairobi, and the route is worth
millions of pounds.

But in an internal memo sent to BA captains recently, a manager warns: 'We
continue to receive complaints from our management team at our crew hotel
in NBO [Nairobi] regarding the behaviour of some of our crews.

'In the current security environment, the current hotel is the only
approved hotel available to us.

Popular destination: Flights to Nairobi in Kenya earns BA millions of
pounds each year

'Should they choose to terminate our contract, or elect not to renew it
later this year, the route will become financially unviable.'

The note begs captains and senior cabin crew members to 'sensitively manage
pool/room parties and any raucous crew behaviour'.

Other routes allegedly suffering 'crew behaviour issues' include Mauritius,
Las Vegas, San Diego and other U.S. destinations where the legal drinking
age is 21 - meaning crews who cannot drink alcohol in public bars are more
likely to party in their hotel rooms.

Separately, BA has sent out an internal message to all crews warning they
face dismissal if they are caught taking alcoholic drinks off planes
without paying for them. However they are allowed to buy them under the
'crew purchase scheme' at cheap rates.

Although cabin crew are banned from drinking alcohol in uniform, another BA
source said: 'Those rules are only adhered to "in public". What goes on in
the hotel room is different.

'Often when away from home, crew have room parties. Crew are able to buy
cheap alcohol on board the aircraft and consume this in hotel rooms,
thereby avoiding expensive bar prices. Games often played are variations on
"spin the bottle", "truth or dare" and "I have never...".

'The room parties often get quite wild. I have seen damage occurring to the
hotel, I have seen nudity and streaking. I once saw two male crew members
leaving the room party with a male pilot, and they reported the next day
that they had a 'threesome' with the pilot.

'In Cyprus once, crew returning to the hotel from a night out found a
donkey tied up in a field. The donkey was led back to the hotel and the
crew managed to get it into a lift and up to the fourth floor, before hotel
security intervened.'

The source added: 'A phrase often used is: "What happens 'down-route' stays
down-route", however this is not always the case. Rumours do the rounds all
the time.

'The rumours are known as "Galley FM", and cover everything from who's
sleeping with who, to what plans the company has for routes or expansion
and so on.

'When away from home, crew are accommodated at British Airways' expense in
luxury hotels. The agreement between the union and BA means we have to be
put up in somewhere with restaurants/bars etc, therefore we end up staying
in some of the world's finest hotels.'

A BA spokesman said: 'We speak to all of our hotel suppliers on a regular
basis. We purchase around 5,000 hotel rooms a year in Nairobi for our crew
and have received a small number of concerns from the hotel.

'We take any complaint extremely seriously and have reminded our Nairobi
crew of the high standards that are expected of them when off duty
overseas.'

Old August 27th, 2011, 07:02 PM posted to soc.culture.british,rec.travel.europe,alt.recovery.aa,alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
¤~Îñ©üßu§~®

On Sat, 27 Aug 2011 17:55:02 -0000, "The world's favourite airline..."
wrote:

[...]

If he tires of wrestling, pantless Nature Boy has a career in waiting
Old August 27th, 2011, 07:32 PM posted to soc.culture.british,rec.travel.europe,alt.recovery.aa,alt.politics.homosexuality
(¯`·.¸ Craig Chilton ¸.·´¯)[_2_]

{ANONYMOUS Poster] wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...inations.html#

http://
www.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029600/
Topless-air-hostesses-lead-BA-scrapping-
flights-lucrative-destinations.html#

Topless air hostesses and champagne pool parties 'could lead to BA
scrapping flights to lucrative destinations'

By Sam Greenhill
August 25, 2011

British Airways bosses fear having to scrap lucrative flights because of
mounting complaints about raucous cabin crew parties at luxury hotels.

They should figuratively give the middle finger to the moronic WHINERS,
and simply let their crews ENJOY themselves anyway they wish of their
OFF hours -- as long as no alcohol is consumed during the prohibited hours
prior to flight time.

There are PLENTY of sensible and intelligent people like me who would
never consider NOT flying BA over such a triviality as that discussed here.

Topless air hostesses and champagne-fuelled pool parties have promp
ted a flood of protests about wild behaviour.

But ONLY by NITWITS. And nitwits are laughingstocks.

Problems: Some BA staff are holding raucous parties at destinations
such as Nairobi and San Diego that could put the routes at risk, a source
claimed

NOT for any good REASON should the routes be at risk.

(I'll be glad when submoronic Puritanism becomes EXTINCT, wherever
it still INFESTS any society.)

A BA source said: 'Mixed fleet crews are basically kids of 18 and 20
years old, in their first jobs on pretty low pay, who think it's a wonder-
ful life staying in posh hotels.

Big whoop! More power to 'em! ENJOY!!

'They pilfer champagne from the aircraft to drink in the crew hotels
because buying their own drinks in a five-star hotel is too expensive.

THAT is wrong! Any employee who is a THIEF should be FIRED!!

'Then they run amok, holding wild room parties and going topless in the
pool.'

I hope I'm a guest at one of those hotels when that happens!

BA flies thousands of passengers a month to Nairobi, and the route
is worth millions of pounds.

But in an internal memo sent to BA captains recently, a manager warns: 'We
continue to receive complaints from our management team at our crew hotel
in NBO [Nairobi] regarding the behaviour of some of our crews.

"In the current security environment, the current hotel is the only
approved hotel available to us.

"Should they choose to terminate our contract, or elect not to renew
it later this year, the route will become financially unviable.'

No biggie. Nairobi is a LARGE city. All they'd need to so is scout out
a COMETING hotel, and give all their business to THEM.

The note begs captains and senior cabin crew members to 'sensitively
manage pool/room parties and any raucous crew behaviour'.

Other routes allegedly suffering 'crew behaviour issues' include Mauritius,
Las Vegas, San Diego and other U.S. destinations where the legal drinking
age is 21 -- meaning crews who cannot drink alcohol in public bars are more
likely to party in their hotel rooms.

Good for them! And -- what happens in Vega stays in Vegas!

Separately, BA has sent out an internal message to all crews warning they
face dismissal if they are caught taking alcoholic drinks off planes without
paying for them. However they are allowed to buy them under the 'crew
purchase scheme' at cheap rates.

Both policies are 100% FAIR!

Although cabin crew are banned from drinking alcohol in uniform, another
BA source said: 'Those rules are only adhered to "in public". What goes on in
the hotel room is different.

Of course! What happens in the rooms is NO one else's business!

'Often when away from home, crew have room parties. Crew are able
to buy cheap alcohol on board the aircraft and consume this in hotel rooms,
thereby avoiding expensive bar prices. Games often played are variations on
"spin the bottle", "truth or dare" and "I have never...".

"I have never... WHAT???" What moronic a-hole CENSORED this item?

'The room parties often get quite wild. I have seen damage occurring to the
hotel, I have seen nudity and streaking. I once saw two male crew members
leaving the room party with a male pilot, and they reported the next day
that they had a 'threesome' with the pilot.

Except for damage, fine. Damage, when it occurs, should always be
PAID for.

'In Cyprus once, crew returning to the hotel from a night out found a
donkey tied up in a field. The donkey was led back to the hotel and the
crew managed to get it into a lift and up to the fourth floor, before hotel
security intervened.'

The source added: 'A phrase often used is: "What happens 'down-route' stays
down-route", however this is not always the case. Rumours do the rounds all
the time.

Big whoop!

'The rumours are known as "Galley FM", and cover everything from who's
sleeping with who, to what plans the company has for routes or expansion
and so on.

Typical harmless office scuttlebutt.

Old August 27th, 2011, 08:56 PM posted to soc.culture.british,rec.travel.europe,alt.recovery.aa,alt.politics.homosexuality,rec.sport.pro-wrestling
William Black[_2_]

On 27/08/11 18:55, The world's favourite airline... wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...inations.html#

Topless air hostesses and champagne pool parties 'could lead to BA
scrapping flights to lucrative destinations'

It's the Daily Mail so it's probably lies.

A BA source said: 'Mixed fleet crews are basically kids of 18 and 20
years old, in their first jobs on pretty low pay, who think it's a
wonderful life staying in posh hotels.

Which it is...

The whole thing sounds like the usual Daily Mail 'someone's having a
good time, let's try and stop it'.

--
William Black

Free men have open minds
If you want loyalty, buy a dog...
Old August 28th, 2011, 11:55 AM posted to soc.culture.british,rec.travel.europe,alt.recovery.aa,alt.politics.homosexuality
tim....

"(¯`·.¸ Craig Chilton ¸.·´¯) http://www.TravelForPay.org" wrote
in message ...
{ANONYMOUS Poster] wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...inations.html#

http://
www.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2029600/
Topless-air-hostesses-lead-BA-scrapping-
flights-lucrative-destinations.html#

Topless air hostesses and champagne pool parties 'could lead to BA
scrapping flights to lucrative destinations'

By Sam Greenhill
August 25, 2011

British Airways bosses fear having to scrap lucrative flights because
of
mounting complaints about raucous cabin crew parties at luxury hotels.

They should figuratively give the middle finger to the moronic WHINERS,
and simply let their crews ENJOY themselves anyway they wish of their
OFF hours -- as long as no alcohol is consumed during the prohibited hours
prior to flight time.

I assume therefore that you didn't actually read the PP.

It said that the behaviour of the crew is causing the hotel that they use to
consider banning BA staff from staying there and that as there is no other
"authorised" hotel in that town for them to stay at, they will find it
impossible to "overnight" staff at that destination.

Hotels don't like parties in rooms, even if the occupants are tidy (which
they rarely are). The noise annoys other guests

tim

Old August 28th, 2011, 12:23 PM posted to soc.culture.british,rec.travel.europe,alt.recovery.aa,alt.politics.homosexuality
Surreyman[_3_]

in messagenews:r7ci579j0i7icf0khqrtj9j4b6jsi6qj4t@4ax .com...

{ANONYMOUS Poster] wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-air-hostesses...

[...]

Nothing new.
In the 70s I used to frequently use a certain airline to Lagos.
The crews immediately decamped overnight to the Ivory Coast, returning
to Lagos for their next flight back, 'cos the parties were better in
Abidjan!