Petrol ava

Old December 10th, 2008, 04:57 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
GreggHoward

Default Petrol ava

Hi All,

I know it is a long time still (3-4mths time), but this will make the
difference whether I have company on my drive up to Kenya from South
Africa or not. And whether the other party need to make alternative
plans.

Along time has passed since the Unleaded/Leaded fuel conversations in
Africa on various. And as most petrol vehicles now use unleaded, the
following
question must be asked. Do they still make Leaded fuels?

Can a Fortuner 4.0l Petrol get the necessary fuel (unleaded) in the
following countries:
Zambia
Mozambique (Biera and above)
Malawi
Tanzania
Kenya

Thanks

gregg

Old January 5th, 2009, 09:06 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Marc Lurie[_1_]

Hi Gregg,

Petrol is available in all of those countries, but availability
outside major centres is very unreliable.

As far as I know, the Fortuner will run on leaded fuel if necessary.
Personally, I far prefer diesel as it is much more freely available. I
haven't paid particular attention to specific petrol availability
though.

I don't know which route you are planning to take, but I would be
inclined to take enough spare fuel for at least 400km to 600km because
you might arrive at a place that usually has fuel, only to find that
they've run out.

Take every opportunity to fill up, even if you've still got plenty in
the tank.

Cheers,
Marc