safari in early august: kenia or tanzania?

Old March 26th, 2006, 03:11 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default safari in early august: kenia or tanzania?

If you're still looking for an operator, take a look at
http://africanexcursions.com . Yes, it's a shameless plug of our new
company, but I think we can offer you some good advice at the very
least. Having grown up in South Africa, and recently moved to Oregon,
USA, we're hoping to provide service to the North American market.

Take a look at the site, if only for the spectacular photographs And
feel free to drop us an email with any questions you may have.

Cheers,
Grant.

Old March 26th, 2006, 12:34 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default safari in early august: kenya or tanzania?

Ditto - if you need further confirmation - in August go for the Mara.

We did this trip a few years back - Samburu, Navaisha/Nakuru, Mara and then
on to Zanzibar.
It worked very well, and is still the best tour we've done.

Zanzibar is about far more than just beach - make sure you 'do' a spice tour
and go to Jozani forest for mangroves and red colobus monkeys.
Also, of course, you will have time in Stonetown which is brilliant,

There is a gazetteer on our website if you're interested - forgive the
low-res photos as we used a 1M pixel digital for the snaps!
http://www.tomalin.org/bedford/africa/index.htm
Other tours here - http://www.tomalin.org/bedford/index.htm

If you want info on what/how we booked, get in touch.

You will have a great time!!

Charles

"pervinca" wrote in message
Corné wrote:
Concerning your options and the time of the year, the game will be in

the
Mara. Normally I prefer Tanzania above Kenia, but in this case I would

go
for Kenia.

thanks a lot for confirming that.

Bushregards,

--
ciao
GiorgiaG

Old March 27th, 2006, 02:22 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

putting Zanzibar at the beginning of the trip.

why? i thought safari is tiring, it is better to rest afterwards...

Personally, I'd like to have a bit of a rest first (to get over the flight)
and then another rest at the end - time and money permitting!
--
Rita Daggett

Old March 27th, 2006, 02:32 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

I went to your web site recently and was going to ask you some Q's
about booking a trip to Kenya but it looks like your site has 'gone
corporate' and that you may have sold the name ... are you out of the
tour booking business now?

Dave Patterson replies ...

Hi Bill.. I did sell the domain name ...

We are retiring when all of our clients have traveled this
year.
Thanks for asking.

Good luck with your latest retirement ... when I posted a Q about
lodges in Tanzania last year you were the only one who provided useful
information (except we didn't get bored spending 3 days in the Crater
and I was looking forward to discussing a possible trip to Kenya
with you.

Bill

Old March 28th, 2006, 04:33 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Thanks, Bill..

Old April 4th, 2006, 05:32 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Rita Daggett wrote:
Personally, I'd like to have a bit of a rest first (to get over the flight)
and then another rest at the end - time and money permitting!

i'm afraid we can't, thanks anyway for your advice.
Old April 4th, 2006, 05:35 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Rydale wrote:
Ditto - if you need further confirmation - in August go for the Mara.
If you want info on what/how we booked, get in touch.

You will have a great time!!

charles,
thanks a lot for the infos, i guess i'll buy the tickets nex week )
--
ciao
GiorgiaG
Old April 6th, 2006, 09:31 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Hi if you are still looking for kenia tanzania safari please write to
willbell tours & Safaris through their website.
http://www.willbelltours.com.
Very good at getting you a composed programme for your august safari.

Old April 12th, 2006, 12:54 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Kenya will be the Most appropriate place to go in August as the
migration will be at the Maasai Mara during this time of the Year. You
may combine the following out of Nairobi.

Lake Nakuru, Maasai mara spending a atleast 3 days at the Mara to
experience the migration.

After the safari you may fly out from Nairobi to Zanzibar.

Regarding a company, you may contact mics safaris; www.micssafaris.com
and they should be in a position to give you a quote for both.

All the Best

Old April 19th, 2006, 12:41 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

hello I am a tour operator, yes i can find you a good place in
Tanzania, and yeah you can have enough time to go to tarangire and lake
manyara too, and i can also find to you a good hotel or place in
Zanzibar.
greetings Alex