Holiday to Thailand (July)

Old March 31st, 2004, 11:45 AM
Honey Bunny

Default Holiday to Thailand (July)

Okay, maybe not the best time to visit Thailand, but there is only a
slim window of opportunity for me to take a holiday in the Summer...
and, this year, one of my options in Thailand...

My feeling is four nights in Bangkok. Am considering The Peninsula,
The Oriental, The Shangri La, The Intercontinental. Like luxury, but
prefer someone not too "stuffy". Nice pool, good gym and location are
the other main criteria. Any suggestions which one to go for?

Then I am looking for 10 days at a beach. Did I read, somewhere, that
during the rainy season it is better to avoid Phuket and go to Koh
Samui or Hua Hin - that the weather is marginally better in these
places? Am looking for a good 5* resort which isn't completely
isolated (i.e. is either near other things and/or has a good shuttle
service). Any suggestions?

Honey
(please post, don't email replies - I hardly ever read this email
address...)
Old April 6th, 2004, 12:43 PM
LEANNE HOPGOOD

I would recommend the Pathumwan Princess. Great location and quite nice.

Your correct - Phuket weather can be pretty disappointing around that time.

Old April 7th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Mr. Free Notes

http://www.dusit-laguna.com/ is good.

CKLee