***GGC2004 Mystery Person Of The Week

Old October 30th, 2003, 03:34 PM
Peter Berlin

Default ***GGC2004 Mystery Person Of The Week

Joe Cognato...you are the Mystery Person of the Week.

You have 24 Hours to contact 800-874-6040 ex20 (leave message if unattended) to win the Mystery Prize of the Week.

GOOD LUCK JOE!
--

Peter Berlin
Peter Berlin's Travel Center http://peterberlin.com - 800-874-6040

Old October 30th, 2003, 09:42 PM
anycruise

It was nice not seeing you run your advert. on the board for a while.
Don't you have enough web space to set up a contest there. Why must we
be bothered with this. Set up a web page and then email your people to
check each Monday or what ever day you want. Have them keep coming to
your web site. You might be able to sell them something else. Oh, I
think you want everybody else to keep seeing your name.

Maybe I should tell my travel agent to start a contest and use his
client names. He would be doing the same thing. Why should you get
special treatment. Some of us will not be part of GCC (any year) but
like reading the board.

Only my 2 cents......

Old October 30th, 2003, 09:51 PM
Lloyd Parsons

Ok, you got your 2 cents in, here's mine.

On a board such as this, advertising of a low key variety will always
be present. While it would be nice not to have any, it isn't ever
going to be that way and the TA's that come here to post and read
provide information you might not see anywhere else. They bring value
to the board, and the cost of that value is the low key advertising
they all do.

The GGC may be something you won't ever participate in, but it was and
is a group cruise formed by many on this board as the 'official' rtc
group cruise. It allows those that post here to meet people they've
never met anywhere but here.

That is how I came to go on them. This years will be my third in a
row. The first was the most interesting because many in the group were
people whose postings caused me to want to meet them. Suprisingly it
was some of those that I didn't think I wanted to meet that I enjoyed
interacting with the most.

Since the GGC is what it is, postings about it, advertising it and the
activities that are planned or being tested for interest will continue
on this board. In my opinion, that is as it should be.

That some don't appreciate those facts is not anything I will lose
sleep over.

Lloyd